Thriving communities. Healthy cities. A brighter future. What we do is more than building roads, we work every day to make the world better for everyone. If you want to join a company invested in you and your success, join us as an Illumination Engineer.
Based in Bellevue, WA, you will have the chance to work on exciting and engaging large-scale Design Build and Design Bid-Build projects and utilize your illumination/electrical design expertise. Our primary markets are transportation projects for public agency clients including WSDOT, Sound Transit, Seattle DOT, and other local counties and cities. The ideal candidate will have experience in designing and managing design of roadway illumination and power systems and strong design skills in producing construction plans, calculations, specifications, and cost estimates. You’ll work with the best Engineers and Project Managers in the business, as well as gain experience working directly with our clients. We want you to be empowered to deliver the boldest solutions for everyday living leading functional teams or projects and serve as a best practice/quality resource.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering
• At least 8 years of experience in transportation work with an emphasis on illumination/electrical design and calculations
• Professional Engineer License (PE)
• Thorough knowledge of illumination design standards (AASHTO, IES, NEC and local agency guidelines)
• Thorough AGi32 background
• MicroStation and/or AutoCAD background
• Experience with plans preparation background
• Experience supplemental calculations background (i.e. line loss, ampacity, conduit fill, breaker sizing)
• Experience with construction services background (answering RFI’s, shop drawing review, preparation of as-built drawings)
• Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills
• Thorough multi-tasking skills for working on several projects at one time
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• Experience with multi-discipline infrastructure engineering design and construction projects
• Previous Washington Department of Transportation (WSDOT) experience
• Previous Design Build experience
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under URL blocked - click to apply
and [ Link removed ] .
- Micro Station
- A Gi32
- Auto Cad
- Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineer
- Electric Power Systems