Job Role Summary
We are more than just one of the largest energy companies in the world. ExxonMobil is a place where we believe people should think independently, take initiative, grow to their full potential and help shape the future of energy. Diversity drives innovation and we are committed to providing an inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive, regardless of their background. The safety and wellbeing of our employees is at the heart of everything we do.
For our European Technology Center in Brussels, we are looking for lab technicians. This position provides technical laboratory support to the Research projects of the Active Materials group. Main activities consist of catalyst screening and development of new products in bench scale pilot units.
As a Lab Technician you ensure safe lab operations and quality of results and reporting on a daily basis. You are involved in R&D activities supporting existing and future businesses of ExxonMobil Chemical (Recycling, next generation feeds, advanced materials…) and receive technical guidance from our PhD scientists.
Based on your qualifications and business needs, work responsibilities in other laboratories are possible.
We are looking for
Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, production technology, materials science, chemical engineering or equivalent.
Your job role responsibilities
For this role we are looking for candidates with :
- Perform work in full compliance with all safety, environmental and health regulations and procedures.
- Discuss runs and conditions with project leads and Operations supervisor via open and honest communication.
- Able to work independently but also within a small team of 4 lab technicians.
- Run different projects on bench scale pilot units, perform online or stand-alone GC, calculate and review data and discuss together with your responsible project lead.
- Plan and discuss work and priorities together with your direct colleagues on a daily base in order to be able to make progress on multiple projects in the lab.
- Need to interact with different groups and levels in the organization and need to implement all “license to operate” requirements.
- Takes ownership of the related operational area and proposes improvement ideas to increase safety and efficiency in the area and on the equipment.
This awaits you…
- High safety and quality awareness
- Technical/mechanical knowledge, knowledge of organic chemistry, pilot units, GC`s are an advantage
- Hands on, solving issues on the spot during troubleshooting.
- A standard knowledge of English is required (written and spoken)
- Working with focus on accuracy, showing good observation and reporting / communication skills
- Team player
- Flexible in line with priority changes
- Eager to learn and willing to support other projects
- Takes initiative and good sense of following embedded procedures
- A wide range of benefits including competitive pay, team mates who support and inspire you, the flexibility to explore multiple challenges and roles in an international setting. Your development never stops.
- Successful candidates qualify for a SBO (Startbaanovereenkomst) of 1 year with contract extension possible.
Interested to join us? Then apply now!