Requisition ID: 121302
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering (KIE) has an immediate need for a dynamic Project Architect in our growing Design Build Group. You will be part of our rapidly growing Infrastructure Design Department, which includes architectural, structural, geotechnical, civil, mechanical, plumbing, fire protection, electrical and is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the design-build delivery of infrastructure related buildings projects.
The successful candidate will help further develop the technical integrity of the infrastructure facilities and transit design group in the eastern United States and support design efforts in North America. We are interested in someone who is passionate, self-motivated, and has a strong desire to forward the field of infrastructure architecture and facilities in the US; someone who can appropriately apply innovative technical solutions to solve problems and provide services to our clients.
Kiewit Infrastructure Engineering's Design-Build team is driving clients to turn to Kiewit during all stages of design-build projects. Through our integrated design and construction approach, our multi-disciplinary team works together to improve schedule, control costs and minimize risk. Our construction-focused engineers work collaboratively with our estimators and builders to design solutions that are innovative, constructible, and designed with a focus on safety. Clients benefit from the proven processes and tools used by Kiewit to minimize project risk. We are an in-house resource that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff shares experiences gained, innovative concepts, and best practices for all projects that we support.
Kiewit’s management and implementation of this process leads to safe, cost effective, and innovative designs that exceeds client expectations and furthers Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
On our team, you’ll have the opportunity to see more, touch more, and do more than you ever imagined. Working hard will not only bring you satisfaction from a job well done, but it will help propel your career forward faster than you might expect. We will train you, develop your skills, and allow you to take on projects that impact millions across North America. With top-notch health benefits, a wealth-building 401k plan, and unbeatable growth opportunities, by joining Kiewit, you’re ensuring a lifetime of success.
This position is based out of the Woodcliff Lake NJ office.
The Architect will work with our highly successful regional team of architects and facility design professionals and lead quality projects for a diverse range of public and private-sector clients. These projects will include the design of transit facilities and stations, infrastructure support facilities, bridge structures and supporting aviation infrastructure. The successful candidate will adopt QA/QC procedures and support a culture of quality among the team and practice.
The position requires excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to proactively support and respond to requests and needs from other technical practices within Kiewit. We can offer the right person a great opportunity to design, manage, and lead in a design-build group that strives for design excellence.
The candidate must be capable and will:
• Meticulously prepare drawings for schematic design, design development, and contract documents including developing design sketches, renderings, models, graphics, details, sections, elevations, and schedules
• Exercise creative judgment and design application skills
• Assist team with programming and space planning to assess client and project needs
• Have a passion for developing presentations and a desire to participate in client meetings
• Compile data and perform design computations, code analysis, assist in production of amendments, addenda, and bulletins
• Perform site analysis, calculations, and surveys of exciting conditions and field measurements
• Keep organized and check your work for accuracy, omissions, and legibility
• Work alongside and understand the functional organization of the project team
• Utilize your technical skills in Revit and other design application software
• May manage sub-consultant and review their work (smaller projects)
• May independently makes decisions on architectural design problems and methods.
• Advances architectural concepts and designs.
• May assist with design pursuit and development.
• Work hard, play hard, and learn a lot along the way!
• A professional degree in Architecture, Design, or related discipline
• 3+ years of experience designing major infrastructure facilities and/or architecture projects in the eastern US and nationally. Experience in all phases and aspects of a project deliverable
• Basic knowledge of project design and construction documentation production
• Proficiency in Revit, CAD, graphic design, and 3D modeling and visualization software
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to learn
• Collaborative and professional work ethic
• LEED AP or within 6 months of hire. Envision or other sustainable design qualification desirable.
• Interest in completing your ARE or NCIDQ exams
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
- Architectural Design
- Space Planning
- Autodesk Revit
- Attention To Detail
- Hardworking And Dedicated