You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Program Manager, Government Programs
The Program Manager, Government Programs will serve as the primary point of contact responsible for the development, execution, and growth of ABS services supporting new naval and marine ship construction. The Program Manager will provide comprehensive services in the detailed design and construction phases for each naval ship program. Working with the shipbuilder, Client stakeholders, and ABS internal functional departments, the Program Manager will ensure each naval or marine ship program is built in accordance with ABS rules and industry-recognized standards. As the Program Manager, you may be required to attend periodic in-person meetings at the headquarters of the Government Agency and shipbuilder.
The successful candidate will work in person at the ABS office in Washington, DC with the opportunity for a hybrid schedule.
What You Will Do:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Client in all areas of responsibility, provide program and contract focus, as well as a timely appraisal to internal Senior Level Leadership, on work progress, schedule, budget, and technical problems, and recommend corrective actions to improve performance. Primary duties will include executing the program by providing oversight to achieve cost, schedule, performance, and contractual requirements; ensuring adequate and timely resources are provided to successfully execute the program; identifying program issues and risks and implementing mitigation actions; maintaining prescribed financial controls; and ensuring continued Client satisfaction and loyalty.
- Manage the program from contract / project award through completion.
- Lead the day-to-day execution of the overall program delivery process.
- Provide oversight and influence of the program to ensure execution meets all contractual requirements, is within approved budget and schedule, and is in accordance with company quality requirements.
- Direct and support development of schedules and plans that support business objectives, established budgets, resources, and deliverables for the program.
- Collaborate with all internal functional departments (e.g., Digital Engineering, Engineering, Technology, Survey) to facilitate transparency across the program, ensure continued Client satisfaction, and ensure compliance with policies, procedures, standards, and contractual requirements.
- Work with all internal functional departments (e.g., Digital Engineering, Engineering, Technology, Survey) to ensure adequate and timely resources are provided to support successful program execution.
- Conduct Program Management Reviews to communicate achievements, challenges, and measurement of progress to the Client every three months and to internal Senior Level Leadership every other month.
- Stay actively informed concerning technical, business, and management developments affecting present and potential Clients and communicate this information promptly to internal Senior Level Leadership.
- Negotiate budgets, schedules, and terms and conditions on specific program proposal opportunities and change requests.
What You Will Need:
Education and Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics).
- A master’s degree in engineering or business administration is preferred.
- At least ten (10) years of industry experience with a significant understanding of the ABS business model and demonstrated experience in managing cross-functional projects preferred.
- You must be a United States citizen.
- Prefer to possess, or be able to obtain, a DoD Secret security clearance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to multitask and manage a portfolio of cross-functional programs and projects – work prioritization, planning, collaboration, and management.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Demonstrated leadership with the ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels, cultures, and personalities.
- Realization of financial aspects of approved business plans and budgets pertaining to the program.
- Strategic and analytical thinker with the ability to investigate the details and interpret the impact of key business drivers. Superior problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent business judgment, including the ability to assess the reasonableness and likelihood of success of various business scenarios.
- Strong commitment to ethical business practices, in full accordance with ABS Operating Principles and Mission as well as corporate policies.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to speak well in a group and/or client-facing environments. English language fluency to conduct detailed business and technical communication at a professional level.
- Ability to develop a working knowledge of ABS Rules, Guides, statutory regulations, and related instructions, as well as the ABS Employee Safety Policy.
Reports directly to Senior Level Leadership.
This position requires access to information that is subject to control by the Export Administration Regulations and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Any offer of employment shall be contingent upon the Company’s verification that the candidate is a “U.S. Person” or upon the receipt of all necessary export licenses or authorizations that may be required by U.S. export control laws. “U.S. Persons” are defined as U.S. citizens, U.S. lawful permanent residents (i.e., “green card” holders), or any individual granted protected status under the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3)), including asylees and refugees. In the event a candidate refuses or cannot otherwise provide the necessary information for the Company to determine whether such licenses may be required, or for the Company to obtain any required licenses, the Company shall maintain the exclusive right to discontinue the application process and/or withdraw any contingent offer that has been made.We set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times. ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We’re at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. About Our Benefits ABS Bureau proudly offers a variety of industry-leading benefits designed to enhance the life and well-being of our employees and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to, medical insurance (PPO and HD), dental and vision insurance, Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Savings Account (FSA), life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability leave programs, parental leave program, paid holidays, and paid vacation time. The Company provides an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that offers support in personal wellness, including work-life services. ABS Bureau also offers a 401K plan with a generous company match, subject to plan requirements. Equal Opportunity ABS Bureau is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Notice ABS and Affiliated Companies (ABS) will not pay a fee to any third-party agency without a valid ABS Master Service Agreement (MSA) authorized and signed by Human Resources. Any resume, CV, application, or other forms of candidate submission provided to any employee of ABS without a valid MSA on file will be considered property of ABS, and no fee will be paid. Other This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjsThe Program Manager, Government Programs will serve as the primary point of contact responsible for the development, execution, and growth of ABS services supporting new naval and marine ship construction. The Program Manager will provide comprehensive services in the detailed design and construction phases for each naval ship program. Working with the shipbuilder, Client stakeholders, and ABS internal functional departments, the Program Manager will ensure each naval or marine ship program is built in accordance with ABS rules and industry-recognized standards. As the Program Manager, you may be required to attend periodic in-person meetings at the headquarters of the Government Agency and shipbuilder.The successful candidate will work in person at the ABS office in Washington, DC with the opportunity for a hybrid schedule.
- Business Administration
- Business Ethics
- Business Planning
Job ID: 635