Who We Are
Enel is a globally recognized leader in sustainable energy and is consistently named one of Fortune Magazine’s “Companies that are Changing the World.” It is also one of the largest and most trusted energy companies in the world, serving around 70 million customers in more than 30 countries across 5 continents. The Enel Group vision is about Open Power. Open Power means opening energy access to more people; opening the world of energy to new technologies; opening new ways for people to manage energy; opening new uses of energy; and opening more partnerships. These are ambitious goals and we are pursuing them with the passion of more than 65,000 people whose brilliant work is based on our values of Responsibility, Innovation, Trust and Proactivity. At Enel North America, our businesses are leading the energy transition, creating the sustainable energy solutions of the future to help individuals, businesses and communities change energy into lasting value.
Meet Enel Green Power:
Enel Green Power, part of Enel Group, is driving the future of sustainable energy, working to bring renewable energy to every corner of the planet. As one of the world’s leading renewable energy companies, we play a fundamental role in the energy transition, bringing our planet into a new era in which everyone has access to sustainable, decarbonized energy. We combine our purpose, passion and skills to create a cleaner and more sustainable future, constantly pushing technological limits and fostering stakeholder awareness. In the US and Canada, Enel Green Power is one of the leading and fastest growing renewable energy companies in the US and Canada, and the growth engine of our global renewable energy business. Our growth is driven by our people and our partnerships. We work with some of the largest corporations in the world, supporting the renewable energy goals of customers like Google, Anheuser-Busch, T-Mobile, Facebook, Adobe and Kohler, among others. Enel Green Power operates across the entire value chain from business development to long-term operations, fostering innovative solutions to produce green energy more efficiently and more sustainably. We aim to create shared value in the communities where we operate by combining the pursuit of our business with lasting contributions to socio-economic development.
Enel Green Power North America (EGPNA) is seeking motivated and diligent individuals for the Control Room Operator position at its 24-hour Control Center in Andover, Mass. The Control Room Operator is responsible for the real-time remote monitoring and operation of the EGPNA generation fleet, comprised of various technologies and locations. The Control Room Operator will report to the Control Room Operations Manager, and upon qualification, will participate in a rotating shiftwork schedule as a part of the process to cover the position 24x7x365.
What You'll Do at Enel:
• Operating the EGPNA generation assets in a manner that meets or exceeds all applicable local, state, and federal regulatory requirements
Who You Are:
• Verifying the safe and effective operation of the EGPNA Power Plant portfolio, including ancillary and Balance of Plant (BOP) equipment as assigned, through the detection of alarms, changes in parameters, outages, anomalies, and abnormal conditions, to maintain stable and efficient operations
• Identify basic abnormal operations for undocumented situations by using basic critical thinking and react appropriately to maintain safe and effective operation.
• Remotely operating the EGPNA Power Plant portfolio, including ancillary and Balance of Plant (BOP) equipment as assigned, including hydroelectric, wind and solar portfolios, and optimize operations based on defined procedures to maximize generation while satisfying all safety, environmental, and regulatory requirements.
• Collaborating with regional transmission operators, and local operations and maintenance personnel to implement scheduled maintenance plans, and to restore generation following unexpected disruptions in normal operations
• Reacting to directives and abnormal conditions immediately in accordance with EGPNA processes and Standard Operating Procedures, in order to guarantee safe and compliant operations
• Recording data, log information and compile and distribute reports as required.
• Acting proactively using core operator fundamentals by anticipating critical conditions, checking status based on all parameters available, identifying abnormal situations not necessarily captured by an alarm, etc.
• Maintaining continuous coverage and responsibility while on-duty, remaining alert and attentive and ready and able to respond to any normal or emergency situation
• Completing required internal and external training requirements, including any NERC required training and certifications, and ISO/TRO required training and certifications.
• A minimum of a 2-year degree in Electrical Technology/Engineering (Bachelor’s degree preferred) or the ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge through related course work and/or experience is required.
• Experience in advanced control room operation, preferably in a field related to power generation - experience and knowledge related to regulatory compliance (NERC, ISO, etc.) is desirable
• Availability to work rotating shift work, 365 days a year, including weekends and holidays.
• Availability to fill scheduled and unscheduled job vacancies is required.
• Willingness and ability to complete an extensive in-house training program as well as NERC or ISO equivalent certification programs in order to pass a certification exam and/or meet industry requirements and subsequently maintain these qualifications, as required.
• Basic knowledge of AC electrical generation and high voltage transmission processes.
• Advanced computer skills including experience in SCADA system operations, MS Office Suite
• Ability to travel to remote sites for work or training activities including over-night trips, if required
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast pace environment and to adapt quickly to changing priorities, as well as be accepting of change management
• Rigorous integrity and determination in the execution of work, with an ability to manage multiple and potentially conflicting priorities
• Analytical abilities to collect, evaluate numerical data and complete both internal and external reporting
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This role is for a detail oriented, attentive, pro-active operator who loves troubleshooting.
What Enel Offers You:
•Benefits and rewards that support the life and well-being of you and your family., •Opportunity to grow and develop your career with the support and mentorship of senior leaders.
Notice to Recruiters & Staffing Agencies
Enel North America has an internal talent acquisition department and designated career site for individuals looking to join our team. Enel North America will not accept unsolicited resumes from any external recruiters, staffing firms, search agencies or any fee-based referrals. Any unsolicited resumes sent to directly to Enel North America, in any capacity will be considered property of Enel North America. This policy is applicable to all Enel North America locations and will be the responsibility of third parties and vendors to understand this policy. Enel North America will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
- Attention To Detail
- Change Management
- Critical Thinking
- Electricity Generation