This engineering coop position involves support of engineering and design software used at S&C.
Working with business clients, peers, and software suppliers to satisfy business requirements and support design, engineering, and document control applications managed by the Engineering Systems team.
Develop and deliver documentation and training to users.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Providing end-user support services that include troubleshooting, investigating, and resolving model, software, and system usage problems.
- Participate in testing functional and technical system upgrades.
- Follow established standard work practices and procedures, defining new standard work as appropriate
- To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- Presently enrolled in school, working towards a BS degree in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or other, related technical field
- Basic knowledge of design, engineering, and manufacturing concepts and methods
- Ability to prioritize workload to complete multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Good analytical skills and the initiative to remain current with the S&C’s core engineering and manufacturing systems and processes
- Good communication skills, written and spoken
- Demonstrated ability to grasp how technical issues that impact business
- Energetic and positive attitude
- Experience with one or more of the following is a plus:
- Computer Programming
- Use of Solid Edge or similar CAD software for parametric modeling.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing and pulling
- Work is performed in an office environment
- Computer Aided Design
- Solid Edge
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering