Assistant Building Automation Systems (BAS) Project Manager
With over 85 years of HVAC and mechanical services experience, Illingworth-Kilgust Mechanical (an EMCOR company) provides our employees with stable and secure employment. Our statewide clients are provided with the total mechanical solutions they need to meet their facilities' full lifecycle requirements and they keep us very busy!
From healthcare to manufacturing, from finance to entertainment, from education to government, we have the industry expertise and proven experience our clients need for efficient operation, reduced energy consumption, and a more effective response to today’s most complex and demanding facilities challenges.
The result is an experienced, reliable single-source mechanical construction and HVAC provider with a statewide presence. A highly trained and highly skilled talented team of professionals and solid financial strength.
Here are some details of the role:
- Prepare and assist with pre-installation meetings
- Distribute all short interval and overall project schedules. Ensure subcontractors have the most up to date scopes of work.
- Complete sub evaluations/comparisons of bids, scope review, and complete buyout as requested by PM
- Pursue and monitor submittals and track deliveries of materials. Verify all submittal conformity to plans & specifications
- Complete quantity take-offs as requested by estimating and PM.
- Distribute all punch lists and the follow-up as necessary to ensure timely completion of punch list work.
- Collect all required close out documents for certification.
- Assemble the close out documents and address non-compliant subcontractor directly for compliance.
- Maintain client relationships at the appropriate level reinforcing the Company’s commitment to continuously addressing their needs and interests.
- Demonstrate effective relationship building within the project team and throughout the Company. Keep field team members (i.e. Superintendent) informed and active in decision-making.
- Makes decisions and acts with the Company’s long-term interest in mind.
- Acts with integrity, maintaining the highest ethical standards.
- Manages with profitability in mind
- Learn full complement of estimating tools, various XLS docs, IPAD APP
- Learn about job profitability, i.e. Margin, markup, costs, profit, loss
- Identify sources for materials, parts and equipment
- Understand how to develop an estimate identifying all costs of labor, material, support, margin requirements and the design of a professional customer facing quote.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package and we are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
- Assembly And Installation
- Decision Making