Test System - Systems Engineer - 6 month contract - Warton - £41.62ph UMB or £32.39ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check. You must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material. Therefore we can only consider UK Nationals for this position. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
This role is based in Warton, some UK travel may be required.
A vacancy exists within Air Service Test Solutions Team for a Senior Systems Engineer to support the design and delivery of an IT System for the Mission Data Planning System, Sceptre. The ideal candidate will have experience of developing and configuring Microsoft Windows based client/server systems in a virtualised environment for a secure network. It would also be advantageous if the candidate has experience in supporting the UK customer and is familiar with how this customer operates and their security standards.
- Assist in the development of a Virtualised IT System Architecture
- Management and interpretation of customer requirements to aid with the production of the initial system design and specification.
- Liaison with the team's specialist hardware and computing engineers to assist them in the correct production of sub-system specifications.
- Integration of the sub-system components in accordance with the system design.
- Production of system integration test procedures to fully test the system whilst showing compliance with the original design requirements.
- Supporting internal and customer design reviews including formal Engineering Lifecycle Design Reviews.
- Complete computing system configuration activities including documentation and release.
- Supporting system commissioning at customer premises.
- Completion of all activities to the agreed budget and delivery schedule.
The ideal candidate will be an effective team member and will be able to develop partnerships with internal and external customers. The candidate will have good communications skills both personal and written. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have creative problem solving skills and be comfortable with suggesting improvements and introducing novel ideas.
- Degree educated in a science/engineering discipline or HND/HNC with sound experience of the Engineering Lifecycle
- Competent in the setting up and configuring of physical IT hardware and the creation of virtualised server environments for secure networks
- Knowledge of the IBM Telelogic DOORS Requirements Management Tool
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel & PowerPoint), Windows GPO, Window Active Directory and Hypervisor skills
- Knowledge of and conformance to the MoD JSP480 regulations would be an advantage.
- Active Directory Group
- Client Server Models
- Creative Problem Solving
- Microsoft Excel