Requisition ID: 110639
Job Level: Entry Level
Department: Project Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
As an Engineer 1, you bring your big ideas, commitment to top quality and unwavering work ethic. In return, we offer huge career and travel opportunities and the satisfaction of building 'the next big thing' from the ground up. There's a reason Kiewit attracts the best: we offer fast-paced excitement and fulfillment you won't find anywhere else. Our mission is to make a difference and we offer opportunities for you to make make a difference in our construction operations. Whether we’re boring tunnels through mountains, turning rivers into energy or building bridges that connect communities, we depend on our passionate, skilled, and safety-obsessed construction professionals to get it done right.
Eastern Canada District's projects include highways, bridges, mass transit, mine site development & open pit operations, hydroelectric powerhouses, wind-power plants, dams & industrial. They serve the construction and mining industries and operates in Eastern.
One of the many things that makes Kiewit’s culture unique is that we go where the work is, which exposes your career to abundant opportunities. We relocate our teams based on the work that is available, combined with the development plans, skill sets and career goals of each team member. This means your Kiewit adventure is custom-designed to meet our shared needs.
This opportunity will support projects across the country in large cities and small towns. Job assignment location will be determined closer to your start date.
New graduates may be required to perform a variety of engineering and construction tasks based on their assignment. The role of an Engineer 1 is diversified and is mainly categorized in three main areas.
Field Operations: Work closely with superintendent, interpret drawings and specifications for field crews and craft, prepare work plans and work packages, order and schedule material deliveries, ensure the quality of field operations
Office Engineering: Perform takeoffs from drawings, generating change, build schedule, track costs, provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations
Estimating: Perform takeoffs, review and analyze data relative to the project, complete plans and specification reviews for projects, assist with the preparation of a bid
• Ability to travel and relocate as needed
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in civil engineering, construction management or related degree
• Infrastructure/Heavy Civil project experience is preferred
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in a wide-ranging climates and environments
• Highly motivated, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Strong work ethic, willing to do what it takes to get the job done right the first time
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals, and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
Other common names for this role: Office Engineer, Engineer 1, Engineer I
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination, and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
Hardworking And Dedicated
Attention To Detail