Main Duties : Brevan is currently looking for a Senior Coatings QC site lead Engineer to work with our client on a mega project in Oman.
Must include PFP, glass flake coating and epoxy coating experience. Shall have previous supervisory experience of at least 5 years.
The Senior QC Engineer shall be responsible for acting as the focal point for discipline inspection and testing activities on behalf of the Khazzan project during the construction phase of the works and for providing inspection and testing oversight to the COMPANY’s project management team. The Senior QC Engineer shall show willingness to step up into other roles and assume other responsibilities when requested in order to cover any shortages in site team resources and exhibit a courteous and professional attitude towards COMPANY and OTHER CONTRACTOR GROUP showing enthusiasm and dedication. The Senior QC Engineer should preferably hold an Omani driving license.
The responsibilities of the Senior QC Engineer shall include but not be limited to:
1. Assisting the site quality lead in developing/maintaining policies, control and implementation of the construction quality control program including preservation.
2. Displaying a strong commitment to and demonstrated ability in promoting high HSSE values and developing the same commitment in contractor and sub-contractor teams in a construction environment.
3. Working with construction team to ensure smooth transition from construction to commissioning of all systems within his area of expertise.
4. Engaging with COMPANY experts to ensure adoption of best practise and transfer of lessons learnt to and from projects. The Senior QC Engineer shall also make recommendations for quality improvements.
5. Participating in discipline incident investigations, including root cause analysis with recommending actionable and sustainable learning’s
6. Participating in the endorsement of OTHER CONTRACTOR GROUP’s QC personnel required for site.
7. Supervising the activities of all QC inspection personnel.
8. Providing formal orientation to QC inspection / quality personnel to acquaint them with the pertinent portions of the quality plan, Construction Master Quality Programme (CMQP), relevant procedures and required reporting formats.
9. Monitoring and review the performance of OTHER CONTRACTOR GROUP’s PERSONNEL undergoing trade training, and ensure that the competency assessment process is rigorously implemented.
10. Monitoring the performance of special process control activities including qualification of operators.
Qualifications and Experience
The Senior QC Engineer shall:
1. Be a graduate engineer in relevant discipline. Experience of having worked in a middle east project is desirable. Alternative qualifications with relevant experience may be accepted at the discretion of the Company. In addition:
For Painting / Coating / PFP:
Possess minimum BGAS Level II or equivalent in NACE for painting inspection. Shall have experience in inspection and testing / verification activities for surface preparation, coating, insulation and fireproofing application during fabrication/construction, erection and installation.
Experience with Pressure Piping B31.3 and related ANSI and API equipment standards. Practical knowledge of ASME welding standards and welding procedural adherence requirements including for duplex / super duplex stainless steels. Ability and experience in witness of pressure testing, flanged joint operations. Ability and experience in acceptance of Mechanical Completion Certification / check sheets. Ability to punch out systems and recognise compliance with design documents. Ability to accept equipment alignments, valve testing/calibration, rotating equipment / packaged equipment inspection and testing.
2. Have a minimum of 15 years of relevant quality management experience in oil and gas projects covering design / engineering, procurement, construction, inspection/testing and commissioning phases. Shall have a minimum of 2 years management experience in establishment, operation and maintenance of a quality management system in accordance with applicable international standard with the capability of developing and implementing quality system, quality plans, work procedures and inspection plans.
On shore , rotation 6 weeks on 2 weeks off unpaid (12 hrs/ day)
Transportation ,Accommodation provided , one year contract may extend
Email/Conatct : [ Link removed ]
Salary : $600 per day
- Product Quality Assurance
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)
- Hardworking And Dedicated