Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit [ Link removed ] for more information or connect on [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , or [ Link removed ] .
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Weatherford is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Manufacturing Cost Accountant III for our Houston, Texas facility. This is a hands on, rewarding role where we produce high quality and efficient products and tools for the oil and gas industry. The Manufacturing Cost Accountant III will be working within a supportive, inclusive team in a fast-paced, progressive environment. Weatherford provides training, excellent benefits and fantastic career progression.
Perform at an advanced level any combination of Cost/Financial Accounting duties: Review monthly reconciliations for the Balance Sheet Accounts. Perform monthly processes in JDE necessary to ensure timely and accurate reporting. Support the Plant Controller in Internal / External Audit Reports as requested. Perform month end close in JDE. Report financial information within the system; as needed. Develop and maintain the JDE reports. Review for the integrity and accuracy of monthly reports. Perform monthly unbilled analysis / review.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Perform General Ledger reconciliation, and address field questions during close.
- Prepare daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as needed.
- Fixed asset controls, depreciation, and analyzing variations of profit and loss income statements and prepare reports on findings.
- Reconcile and record accrual and / or adjustments for balance sheet accounts.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliation for multiple balance sheet accounts.
- Research reconciliation differences and multiple issues as they arise.
- Assist Plant Controller on ad hoc projects as needed.
- Performs other general accounting responsibilities such as management reports, auditor inquiries, budgets and other special projects as may be delegated by Plant Controller.
- Liaises with the field operations to find proper accounting treatment for transactions.
- Prepare AFE's and monitor routings, including updating AFE forecast quarterly.
- Prepare month end HFM supplements.
- Records and reconcile intercompany transactions, as well as facilitate mismatch reports.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Know and understand Weatherford's Enterprise Excellence Program and the Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, and or other business related field.
- Five or more years prior cost accounting experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and follow instructions.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills. Strong math aptitude and ability to work accurately with numbers.
- Excellent organizational, written and interpersonal skills, attention to detail.
- Ability to evaluate alternative means of treating transactions.
- Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting procedures, consistently seeks for process improvements and automation.
- Initiative and dedication to tasks, dependable with good attendance.
- Ability to develop strong business relationships.
- Ability to work and interact with personnel at all levels within the organization.
- Proven experience in adapting to change and flexibility.
- Advanced knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley requirements would be beneficial.
- Advanced Excel is preferred.
- JD Edwards and Hyperion knowledge is preferred.
- Attention To Detail