The Apprentice Electrician is responsible for assisting peers and superiors with layout and installation of solar systems from plan. Working under the Electrician, the candidate will support the installation, operation, maintenance and monitoring PV solar panels.
He/she must maintain a clean and secure job site at all times which includes activities such as grounds keeping, debris removal, hauling and hoisting materials when needed, panel washing and oversight of contractors as required. Must possess the ability to use hand and power tools and maintain a positive image of the company both internally and externally.
- Work as a team member under the supervision of Journeyman electrician, in the layout and assembly of solar modules/array and mounting hardware including racking, modules, and electrical components.
- Assist in reviewing schematics and use an array of tools and diagnostic devises to service and install PV solar panels. Learn regulations, codes and standards as they relate to the industry.
- Provide support to Lead Installer and Electrician as needed including; assist in the job site preparation, setting up ladders, loading/unloading equipment, and other safety equipment.
- Perform all other preventive and corrective maintenance of electrical devices as assigned. Diagnose electrical problems and malfunctions and take corrective action.
EDUCATION (One or more of the following):
- Graduate of technical high school
- Associates degree in electric technology or electronics
Electrician Apprentice License
- Equivalent Work Experience
Qualifications & Experience:
- 270 hrs. of electric apprenticeship classroom training or 2,500 hours on the job training
- OSHA 10, or higher, certified
- Valid driver’s license with reliable transportation
- Prior experience in commercial or solar hands-on electrical experience a plus
- High voltage testing experience is a plus
- Low / medium voltage experience and certification preferred
- Good understanding of means and methods
- Demonstrate ability to learn
- Pushing/pulling/lifting tools and equipment weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work safely in extreme environments (example: hot sun, cold)
- Walking/climbing/standing extensively during the work day
- Knowledge of and experience with hand and power tools
- Knowledge of environmental and safety policies and procedures
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and to multi task
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability and willingness to travel to and from job sites as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer: Consolidated Edison is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, affirms in policy and practice its commitment to recruit, hire, train, and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, eligible veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.
Con Edison is a federal contractor subject to VEVRAA and desires to receive priority referrals of protected veterans.
You must be eligible to work in the US independent of company sponsorship.
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)
- Electronics Manufacturing
- Medium Voltage