Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
Structural Designer Job Description
Structural designers perform complex structural designs. They are responsible for drafting computer models based on project needs and creating drawings that are used for final construction plans. They also review construction models and revise them as needed based on engineers' recommendations. Additionally, these designers must follow strict safety standards on their preliminary sketches, adequately take construction materials into account for designs, and meet deadlines.
They prepare structural plans and implement the work of architectural, electrical, and mechanical designers. Previous experience in structural modeling and drawing production is required. Structural designers must be proficient with computer design software such as AutoCAD, pay strong attention to detail, and be highly organized. Structural designers should have advanced knowledge of industrial methodologies as well.
- Coordinate the best design solution by applying industry knowledge while considering customer needs and budgeting requirements.
- Provide technical assistance for multiple projects during bidding, design, permitting and construction.
- Ability to scope out a project and determine required deliverables.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work well with a team or independently
- Work cooperatively with other designers and disciplines to produce a coordinated set of design documents
- Ability to estimate a project and manage the budget, develop change orders as necessary is preferred
- Communicate with clients, project personnel and inspecting authorities
- Regular and reliable attendance
- Prepare detailed drawings/models for a project using the application of theoretical and practical design knowledge
- Provide design support to Engineers
- Design of reinforced concrete foundations (spread footing, drilled piers, helical piles)
- Design of simple and complex structures (Pipe supports, pipe racks, platforms, equipment skids, etc.)
- Uses computer assisted design/drafting equipment and software to develop designs
- Creates and revises design drawings, generally for a single discipline, but the ability to work with other disciplines is critical
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining an organized file system for design drawings
- Provide efficiency reviews and/or value engineering options for existing designs.
- Ability to use a computer and computer software programs, including AutoCAD, CADWorx, and Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of the latest edition of the IBC, ACI 318, and AISC
- Civil design experience not required but a plus.
Per our company policy, this offer is also contingent on passing a background and drug and alcohol test before starting at our company.
Minimum salary is 66,560.00 negotiable.
This full-time position has the following benefits available: medical, dental, vision, Life, AD&D, STD, LTD and 401k.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—20,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at [ Link removed ] Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.