Schneider’s purpose is to empower all to make the most of our energy and resources, bridging progress and sustainability for all. We call this Life Is On.
Our mission is to be your digital partner for Sustainability and Efficiency.
We drive digital transformation by integrating world-leading process and energy technologies, end-point to cloud connecting products, controls, software and services, across the entire lifecycle, enabling integrated company management, for homes, buildings, data centers, infrastructure and industries.
We are the most local of global companies. We are advocates of open standards and partnership ecosystems that are passionate about our shared Meaningful Purpose, Inclusive and Empowered values. [ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
Location: This role will be full-time based at our manufacturing site in Leeds
You will be the Health & Safety Lead for our manufacturing site in Leeds.
You will be responsible to deploy in the site the Environment, Occupational Health and Safety tools and methods. Monitors improvement plans within the site
Promote and assist the management in the development and application of prevention program in the plant
Performs completes Environment, Occupational Health and Safety activities or/and carries out analysis or recording on specific issues.
Your main responsibilities:
- Ensure Health and Safety of all our employees, customers, contractors and suppliers visiting the site.
- Lead the daily & weekly safety audit as well as risk assessment when request are raised
- Put in place & pilot contingency plan in case of emergency situation
- Deploy & pilot the occupational risk assessment & site impact assessment
- Propose targets, action plans & resources according to SE guidelines.
- Ensure the existence of Safety instructions for all activities and contribute to their respect (whether for employees, contractors, customers during FAT or regular visitors, whether routine or non-routine activities, whether on-site or off-site like intervention at customer sites)
- Ensure the efficiency of the safety walk process at plant management level and follow the on-time completion actions identified
- Define, implement, and follow up the action plans related to Schneider Sustainability Strategy (Life, Climate, Resources)
- Put in place & maintain the management system for Health & Safety & Environment & Energy (ISO 45001, ISO 14001, ISO 50001)
- Guarantee to the plant manager compliance to regulations in the field of Health & safety, Environment
- Ensure KPI & communication accuracy to the plant manager and outside the plant (report in Globes and Resource Advisor)
- Define the technical specifications & follow up the contracts with SERE related suppliers.
- Lead the H&S committee at the site & coordinate the teams
- Participate actively to the community of H&S within Equipment & Transformers division and UK&I zone
- Ideally you should have a Master’s degree in Health & Safety or similar qualifications.
- Ideally you should have around 2/3 years of experience in a Health & Safety role.
- We are looking for an energetic and self driven person
- Strong communication skills and eye for detail are essential in this role
- Willingness to learn it is critical.
What we offer:
You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and flexible working models to ensure the right work/life balance.
A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working across teams
A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation
An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company
We are an employer that is characterized by both the appreciation and equal opportunities of our employees, a recipe for generating success.
Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice – apply now online.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Iso 14000 Standard