Avomeen, proud to be a part of Element is hiring for a Chemistry Manager to join our Ann Arbor lab which is part of our rapidly growing Life Sciences group. The Manager leads a team of chemist/scientists in a particular lab (TECA, Innovation, Nicotine, Biologics, Advanced Analytics, Pharma Analysis and Testing or other lab unit) to achieve agreed upon deliverables, meeting or exceeding client expectations of quality and on time delivery.
Element’s Life Sciences group supports developers and manufacturers in the antimicrobial, food and nutraceutical, medical device, and pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. We provide personalized testing solutions and regulatory consulting support to validate the safety and efficacy of our clients’ products at every stage of development, production and market release.
Skills / Qualifications
- Manages laboratory staff, typically 2-3 chemists to agreed upon levels of productivity, timeliness, and quality as measured and reported by management
- Manages development plans, goals, and training for staff. Mentors less experienced staff. Conducts performance reviews and improvement plans
- Meets financial commitments to the company and overall on-time delivery standards
- Develops experimental design for projects, assigns staff, manages projects, writes and reviews reports. Is responsible for overall quality and delivery of work product to client on time and on budget
- Assist Company with the completion of pharma and R&D testing projects, including the development of strategies and techniques for project delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry
- 1-5 years’ experience of experience in a cGMP environment
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry techniques demonstrated through a combination of industry and academic performance
- Strategic Planning and forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to successfully lead a team of chemists/scientist to achieve goals and meet client promises
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.