Sargent & Lundy is one of the most experienced full-service architect-engineering firms in the world. Founded in 1891, the firm is a global leader in power and energy with expertise in grid modernization, renewable energy, energy storage, nuclear power, and fossil fuels. Sargent & Lundy delivers comprehensive project services\u2014from consulting, design and implementation to construction management, commissioning and operations/maintenance\u2014with an emphasis on quality and safety. The firm serves public and private sector clients in the power and energy, gas distribution, industrial, and government sectors.
Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality \u2013 We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability \u2013 Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People \u2013 We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients \u2013 We deliver value and exceed our clients\u2019 expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation \u2013 Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact \u2013 We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team as an E,I&C designer for multiple projects.
- Design of E, I&C scope for Oil & Gas projects requiring the application of engineering principles and a familiarity with construction, installation, and maintenance procedures.
- Using AutoCAD, independently creates design deliverable packages, while working with a discipline engineer/PM.
- Prepare layout, detail and sketch drawings of unusual, complex, or original designs requiring the application of practical design knowledge.
- Perform calculations with minimal input from discipline engineer to determine conduit & cable sizes, cable tray fill, and indoor/outdoor lighting levels.
- Maintain effective communication with project team members and with clients, vendors, and contractors.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to less experienced designers (non-supervisory role).
- Preliminary QA/QC of Project Documents.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- 6+ years of oil and gas, or industrial Electrical and Instrumentation design.
- Strong knowledge of gas plants and gas processing preferred.
- Strong understanding of AutoCAD and its commands.
- Strong knowledge and ability to create; instrumentation plans, interconnection wiring diagrams, conduit/cable schedules, loop diagrams, one-line diagrams, area classification plans, grounding plans, cable tray and conduit plans and sizing, panel layout drawings, etc.
- Skills in SKM Power Tools, 3D Lighting Calculation program such as DiaLux Evo, and experience using TraceCalc preferred.
- Ability to interpret P&IDs, Instrumentation wiring and ability to provide I&C input into P&IDs.
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Design preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required as well as a professional demeanor.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Able to travel as necessary for client meetings, job site visits, start-up activities, etc. (up to 20% travel).
Sargent & Lundy is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any protected status as defined by law.
- Auto Cad
- Coaching And Mentoring