SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world
You will be responsible for:
- Performing asbestos fibre counting and asbestos identification on a range of materials including building materials, soil, water and dust samples.
- Undertaking routine preparations for soil and water samples
- Perform onsite sampling as required by the client
- Asbestos clearance after asbestos removal works
- Auditing asbestos in residential and commercial buildings
- Becoming an authorised signatory for fibre counting and fibre identification.
- Participating in internal and external proficiency testing as required
- Looking after general laboratory QA/QC criteria and NATA accreditation requirements.
As the successful candidate you will also have:
- Appropriate and relevant tertiary qualifications, TAFE certificate as a minimum.
- Background experience in the building industry e.g. Building inspector/Certifier
- Flexible with working hours and tasks.
- Occasional weekend and overtime work required
- Previous NATA signatory status in asbestos identification (preferred)
- Strong communication skills.
WHY WORK FOR SGS?
Working at SGS means joining an innovative, global Company. Let’s break down what that means for you.
- As a Company, we have embraced the shift to flexible work. We encourage our employees, wherever operationally possible, to work in arrangements that support a work-life balance.
- We’re a Company who believe our impact on society is important, so Sustainability is embedded in our culture and the way we do business.
Paid Parental leave scheme for 8 weeks for eligible employees.
- We are driven to ensure we have a positive impact on our local communities through paid employee volunteering days and regularly encouraging time off to donate blood.
Health & Wellbeing is important to us, which is why we offer annual health club membership rebates and discounted private health insurance, as well as a supportive Employee Assistance Program.
Ongoing learning & development is vital to the success of any Company. We believe in investing in our employees, so we offer education assistance programs and encourage the use of our online learning platform.
Career Development Opportunities (nationally and Globally)
COME TO WORK AND BE 100% YOU
SGS Australia supports a diverse workforce and we encourage applications from people of all ages, nationalities, abilities, and cultures – including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, the LGBTQI+ community and people living with disability. Providing employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people is an important part of our SGS Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). We truly believe the diversity among us will continue to foster a strong, innovative and forward-thinking workplace.
SGS Australia acknowledges and pays respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of this nation and the continuation of cultural, spiritual, and educational practices of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
- Sampling (Statistics)
- Product Quality Assurance