SITUATION IN ORGANIZATION
This position reports directly to Market Manager, Thiochemicals. A Project Coordinator(s) reports to this position. This position could be located in either Houston TX, or King of Prussia, PA.
Primary focal point for forecasting, planning, scheduling and monitoring the deployment of people, product and equipment necessary for order fulfillment of products and field services for the petrochemicals and oil refinery markets. This includes recognizing and predicting resource constraints during times of increased activities. The Sulfur Services Manager works together with the broader Sulfur Services field team, Sales Account Managers, Third Party Service Providers and Customers to meet order requirements.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A key member of a business group operating in a fast-paced environment for the delivery of product and services involving both a predictable steady core demand in the customer base as well as a highly dynamic, multi-project, multi-location service to oil refineries.
FORECASTING DELIVERY OF PRODUCTS AND FIELD SERVICES (15%)
• Obtain forecasts and assimilate the forecasts into master planning and scheduling tools
• Maintain customer order schedule for standard deliveries and solicit forecasts from customers
• Monitor status of service projects deployed and adjust resource mix of drivers, equipment and products as appropriate.
• Work with Market Manager throughout the month to understand monthly targets and update demand volume projections considering customer order changes and deviations from established targets.
PLANNING, SCHEDULING AND EXECUTION (50%)
• Verify resources required for each field services scope (e.g., delivery equipment specifications, service equipment requirements, technicians/teams required, product specifications and volumes) as provided. Ensure all requirements satisfy customer requirements.
• Maintain comprehensive forecast of field services projects to allocate product, equipment and personal resources to meet job requirements
• Anticipate, prepare and resolve equipment and resource conflicts and develop necessary short and long-range contingency plans.
• Manage and update planning tools to align on job scope and requirements
• Communicate directly with third party providers to ensure achievement of job timing and requirements
• Serve as the primary Arkema contact for subcontractors and carriers, managing changes required and/or adjusting for any deviations including facilitating team meetings
• Adjust the assignment of resources across all Carelflex activities as appropriate.
• Prepare short range/emergency contingency plans to meet schedules/requirements
JOB COMPLETION (15%)
• Monitor completion dates of refinery field service jobs in order to ensure monthly targets for invoicing are met and/or adjusted accordingly
• Assist in the preparation of Billing Summaries for field services projects
• Prepare all services invoicing and processing of Arkema invoices to customers in SAP.
• Manage and process accounts payable for services invoicing.
• Complete all necessary SAP work flows, including Service Entries, for payment of invoices
SUPPLY CHAIN ACTIVITIES (10%)
• Support Services team with Purchase Requisition and Purchase Order needs
• Compile all necessary paperwork for the setup of new vendors and ensure completion of vendor set up in SAP
• Work with supply chain in support of Sales and Operations planning
• Closely monitor product inventories
SUPPLEMENTAL TO PROJECT COORDINATOR (10%)
• Serve as back up for Project Coordinator for various tasks including but not limited to:
Data entry as required (job entry, sales orders, invoicing, etc)
Update and monitor planning tools
Effective communication with customers and 3rd parties
Advise carrier of discrepancies or concerns regarding driver assignment
CONTEXT AND ENVIRONMENT
• Travel: ~4 weeks per year
• Periodically required to meet demanding priorities to support schedule changes and/or equipment coordination requirements. Willingness to work outside of normal business hours from time to time as priorities demand.
• Supports the site HES policy and complies with all regulatory and internal requirements
• Supports and promotes the reporting of all health, safety, environmental, near-miss, accident or injury incidents
REQUIRED EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS /WORK EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Supply Chain/Logistics or Business required.
• 5+ years of experience including logistics or supply chain related field – transportation, equipment, inventory, production, forecasting, and customer service, etc.
• Proficient in computer applications including SAP and Microsoft Word, Project, Excel and PowerPoint
• Practical knowledge of transportation, terminal operations, and associated technical areas preferred.
• Ability to plan and execute jobs consistent with customer needs, at optimized cost
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with multiple levels of the organization and external contacts and customers
• Strong prioritization skills and drive to accomplish all activities and overcome any barriers to meet all critical timelines
• Customer relationship management is a key component of the position including working with customers through issues, providing “live” support to the customer and ensuring satisfactory completion of deliveries & jobs
• Effectively interact with support groups (particularly IT and Logistics) and requires sophisticated knowledge of systems and operating equipment and the ability to communicate in these terms
• Demonstrated ability to lead by influence
• Strong competencies needed in particular for project management/resource planning, problem solving, decision-making, exercising sound judgment and proactivity.
• Must be results oriented and be able to inspire and persuade others to follow direction to achieve results.
Building on its unique set of expertise in materials science, Arkema offers a portfolio of first-class technologies to address ever-growing demand for new and sustainable materials. With the ambition to become in 2024 a pure player in Specialty Materials, the Group is structured into three complementary, resilient and highly innovative segments dedicated to Specialty Materials - Adhesive Solutions, Advanced Materials, and Coating Solutions - accounting for some 80% of Group sales, and a well-positioned and competitive Intermediates segment. Arkema offers cutting-edge technological solutions to meet the challenges of, among other things, new energies, access to water, recycling, urbanization and mobility, and fosters a permanent dialogue with all its stakeholders. The Group reported sales of €8.7 billion ($9.7 billion) in 2019, and operates in 55 countries with 20,500 employees worldwide.
The diversity of its employees is an asset that the Arkema group wants to preserve. Its non-discrimination policy applies to recruitment, salary levels and career management. The Arkema group is committed to ensuring diversity among its employees.
Arkema Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Arkema Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence.
Accounts Payable, Genetics, ERP, Engineer, Coating, Finance, Science, Technology, Engineering, Manufacturing
- Planning Tools
- Decision Making
- Complex Problem Solving
- Self Motivation