You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Interested in future career opportunities in the product testing industry? Would you like to work for a global organization that helps make the world a safer place? Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification) Services, is looking for an EMC Engineer to join our Electrical team in Boxborough, MA.
Intertek is a Nationally Recognized Testing Lab (NRTL) and leading provider of quality and safety solutions to many of the world's leading brands and companies and governments. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality, safety, and sustainability of electrical products used by people throughout the world. This is a fantastic opportunity to start or grow a versatile career, facilitating international trade and regulatory product testing on the Electrical Team! By joining Intertek, your contributions will be valued as we continue to help the world Build Back Ever Better.
The EMC Engineer will independently perform testing and evaluation on a variety of products to the provisions of U.S., Canadian and other International EMC/EMI standards; writing reports; and communicating with clients.
2nd shift: 4:00 PM to 12:30 AM
- Independently conducting on and off-site evaluation of products to determine compliance with applicable standard(s)
- Read and determine applicability of national codes and standards clauses for the EUT (equipment under test)
- Under scope of the project, identify and locate test instruments and equipment required for testing
- Follow established test plan
- Mentoring less senior technical personnel
- Supplying information for quotes such as length of project, site needed, rental equipment, samples, and standards that will be used
- Providing more specialized \'expertise\' in one product category, i.e., become reviewer, resident expert, or obtain and maintain advanced product knowledge
- Setting up and operating standard test equipment including, but not limited to: spectrum analyzer, oscilloscope, multimeter, signal generators, amplifiers, surge generator etc. Basic use of hand tools as needed
- Performing other work as required
- Bachelor's degree in engineering required, Electrical Engineering preferred
- 2+ years directly related experience
- Demonstrated experience with U.S., Canadian, and other international compliance standards, i.e., ANSI, CSA, UL, EN, IEC is a plus
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Prior project management experience is preferred
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters
- Must possess the fundamental technical and administrative skills required to perform the job duties
- Ability to travel; up to 15%
What we have to Offer
When working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including:
- Fully comprehensive benefits package; Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability
- 401(k) with company matching program (eligibility after 30 days of employment)
- Competitive market pay
- Generous vacation/sick time (PTO)
- Employee referral bonus
- Discounted prices on travel, merchandise, auto purchases
- Tuition reimbursement and much more
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about [ Link removed ] and [ Link removed ] .
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our [ Link removed ] .
Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
A career with Intertek offers rewarding opportunities to help companies around the world develop products used safely by millions of people every day. Intertek is the trusted advisor to many of the world’s leading brands, companies, and governments, and has earned a reputation for accuracy, reliability, integrity, and technical competence. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.
Intertek promotes a culture where motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that [ Link removed ] are our strongest tool for success. We are an [ Link removed ] and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email [ Link removed ] or call
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Construction Toolkits
- Data Collection
- Electrical Engineering
- Fact Checking
Job ID: 5249