Our Sales Central region are always keen to hear about interesting talent who feel Vestas can offer an exciting future. If you have the skill and enthusiasm to make an impact as a Sales Manager (f/m/d) in our business, then we would be interested in hearing from you!
Sales > SBU NCE > Sales Germany North
Vestas NCE Sales Central is responsible for all sales-related activities from early engagement with our customers, overbidding and negotiation until hand-over to Construction upon a successful closure of a contract.
The Sales Central team consists of a diverse group of skilled and proficient employees covering the Benelux and DACH markets alongside a team that provides global bid management and sales support to the sales regions.
Sales Germany North, as part of Sales Central, consists of qualified and enthusiastic Sales Managers and Commercial Engineers located in Hamburg and in Husum.
The Sales Manager is responsible to promote sales and business development especially in Germany, together with a team of highly motivated persons based in different locations in Europe.
At Vestas we believe a diverse and inclusive workforce is vital for accelerating the green energy transition. We know our differences make us stronger, more innovative, and better equipped to address the issues of the future.
As a Sales Manager you play an integral role in directing and effectively closing projects throughout the entire sales cycle. By staying in close contact with both internal and external stakeholder you
- As a Sales Manager (f/m/d) you are integral in meeting and exceeding our annual order intake targets, by leading colleagues throughout the sales cycle, from prospects identification, tendering, deal optimization, to negotiation and closure of supply contracts.
- You remain close to our customers and will be responsible for establishing and developing our customer relationships, building trust and create an understanding for customers’ business case and based on that provide ideal value propositions
- You are a key enabler in creating the business case and manage the communication and input between internal and external stakeholders
- Stay up to date on market trends, customer and competitor activities and share insight amongst sales managers and other colleagues
- Contribute to the development of Vestas' commercial strategy
- You must have a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or equivalent
- We expect you to bring a high level of proven experience in Sales, Commercial Sales and/or Business Development, ideally within renewable energy or another project-based sector
- You will bring a solid level of Contract negotiation skills and experience with complex technical contracts from your career so far
- Ability to identify and involve business stakeholders
- Fluent German and English is mandatory
- Result-oriented attitude and an ability to thrive in ever-changing conditions
- Confident attitude and solid communication skills
- Effective stakeholder management skills
- Solid financial understanding and investigative capabilities
- Ability to work under time sensitive environments and willingness to go the 'extra mile'
What we offer
We offer an exciting, developing role close to the business as well as an immersion into both the technical and commercial aspects of wind energy projects. With much interface to other departments and influence on the commercial outcome of projects, it is a potent first step in a long-term career within renewable energy.
The primary work location is likely to be Hamburg, Germany. If you are keen to register your interest in our Sales Manager career track then please submit your details by clicking on the 'Apply Now' button at the top or bottom of this page and send in your application together with a CV and cover letter.
For additional information, please contact Talent Acquisition Partner Martin Whittle: +44(0)7515325141
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.
- Sales Management
- Business Development
- Contract Negotiation
- Business To Business