The HR Officer contributes to the goals of the Human Resources department by partnering with the HR Director to manage day-to-day operations. You act as a point of contact for managers and employees and are responsible for the HR administration for the Breda location.
• Act as point of reference for all HR topics\: provide day-to-day guidance, assistance and support to management, supervisors and employees.
• Coordinate recruitment activities up to management level vacancies at all steps (assessment of need, definition of role, contact with agencies) through onboarding of new employees; deliver a positive Company image to candidates and employees
• Manages the internships, interfacing with all internal and external stakeholders (educational institutions, universities, etc.)
• Leverage Emerson training and development capabilities and capacity to support people development
• Manage the short- and long-term illness cases in close cooperation with management, Arbodienst and UWV
• Support performance review, talent management and organization review process and coordinate the implementation of related action plans
Administrative Duties, Metrics and Analytics
• Ensure employee files are kept updated
• Responsible for creating all formal communication wrt (changes in) employee benefits
• Update organizational charts and job descriptions on a regular basis
• Manage and assist with the new hire onboarding process, including document collection, car/pc assignment, account creation, etc;
• Manage the salary planning process per Emerson rules and processes
• Keep up to date all HR systems (HCM) and serve as benefits point of contact for employee inquiries
• Prepare quarterly and annual HR reports/metrics (i.e.\: training programs, recruiting, overtime, absenteeism, head count, time off, turn over etc);
• Collaborate with Payroll Office to maintain data accuracy and consistency
• Submit reports and communications related to bonus, salary, compensation, etc., as well as ad-hoc reports
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Economics or equivalent; Master in HR is a plus
• 3-5 years HR experience, either generalist or specialist; experience in a matrix organization is a plus
• Working knowledge of HR practices and employment law
• Fluent in Dutch and English
• Strong computer skills e.g. Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint; knowledge of HR ERP (i.e. Peoplesoft, HCM) is a plus
• Strong team player but also able to work independently. Strong sense of integrity and confidentiality
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose\: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.