Eaton’s ESSG division iscurrently seeking a Sr. Field Service Technician to join our team. Thisposition is based at our Tukwila, WA. This is a regional role with regionaltravel and 10% overnight travel.
Eaton has the largest and most experienced teamof field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team bringsextensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Activeparticipation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE andcollaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that ourtechnicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting-edge technology andengineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the powersystem: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing plannedmaintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, aswell as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our supportservices help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipmentby optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities.The Power Distribution Systems organizationoffers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scopeand responsibility within the organization.
The Senior Field Service Engineer provides fieldservice engineering and technical assistance to customers in areas ofinstallation, startup, maintenance, and repair, training, and modification ofelectrical power distribution equipment; self-manage assigned projects forelectrical equipment; provide technical solutions to customers; perform lessconventional complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment orproduct design, testing of materials, process studies, or researchinvestigations
Making what matters workat Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create anenvironment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each andevery day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your fullpotential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function youwill:
- Continuously improve personal, technical and professional business skills enabling incumbent to service products to customer’s satisfaction through keeping current with product technology as measured by ability to troubleshoot and repair various products and to instruct others.
- Provide timely, detailed and accurate reports on service work performed, product performance, and warranty liabilities to company expense and time allocation.
- Become computer efficient using laptops provided and mastering all required software.
- Maintain all service equipment including all test equipment, tools issued to meet specifications including EBE, ISO requirements, etc. in good working condition and maintain sufficient inventory to respond to standard calls.
- Provide customers basic applications information via phone or on site consultation and be available for 24-hour x 7 days a week on call duty and respond to emergency situations with minimal notification.
- Demonstrate ability to service newly designed and experimental equipment, which has not been seen before, and instill confidence in the customer.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with customers, authorized service shops, other service organizations, and product business units to assure customer satisfaction. Incumbent demonstrates an awareness of customer needs, preferences, and time and financial constraints.
- Proven customer service, sales ability, and ability to handle irate or difficult customers and gain satisfaction.
- Demonstrate safety consciousness in equipment handling, electrical and electronic procedures, and the unique situations encountered at diverse work sites.
- Skilled proficiency in the following:
- Basic Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Ability to run small projects
- Intermediate Test Equipment Operation
- Advanced Troubleshooting Techniques
- Ability to run small outages and projects
- Advanced Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Protective Relays
- Basic PQ Measurements
Whenwe embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each ofus unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Associates degree and/ormilitary experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without companysponsorship
- No relocation benefit will be offered. All candidates must residewithin a 50 mile radius of Tukwila, WA in order to be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (electrical,mechanical or engineering technology)
- Evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems is desirable.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting, evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems is highly desirable.
- Electrical Contractor’s license
- Professional Engineering license
- General Contractor’s license
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Complex Problem Solving