Founded in 1906, over the last 110+ years' CEMEX has grown into a global building materials company that provides high quality products and reliable service to customers and communities throughout the Americas,
Europe, Africa, the Middle East, and Asia. Here at CEMEX we offer our employees competitive wages, career growth, excellent benefits including health, dental & vision plans, vacation or paid time off, employee assistance program and retirement plan options, along with over a century of stability to build your next career on!
To learn more about our company culture and why you should join us, visit us at www.cemexusa.com/careers. For direct access to CEMEX Career Opportunities, visit us at [ Link removed ]
Manage all aspects of one or more projects valued from $200k to several million dollars from project study phase through project execution, construction and commissioning to completion on a cement plant in the USA.
- Maintain a safe work place and strive for zero occupational injuries, accidents and environmental incidences.
- Responsible for the project budget and schedule
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors execution, and summarizes progress of project.
- Prepare requests of proposals, evaluate proposal responses and assist Procurement with negotiation and preparation of contracts.
- Monitor contractor and vendor progress and evaluate / approve invoices for payment.
- Interface with and address ongoing design issues and requests for information (RFI’s) within the company engineering and construction companies. Review and approve vendor and engineering drawings as needed.
- Coordinate contractor activities with plant operations.
- Timely and periodically prepares reports for management regarding status of project including project budget and schedule.
- During the commissioning phase, supervises and/or coordinates engineering and construction contractors and internal staff to timely stabilize the normal operation of the installations
- Conducts analysis of the project to improve the development, and coordinates with other areas in a team effort, to ensure that all problems are identified, addressed and timely solved.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Mechanical Engineering or BS Civil or other relevant degree
- At least 7 years of experience in project management preferable in the cement industry
- Strong safety focus
- MSHA Certification required (or must obtain within reasonable period)
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to employees and others.
- Maintain confidentiality in daily operations.
- Able to interface with all departmental (environmental, planning, operations, etc.) needs and requirements as well as with governmental agencies.
- Strong supervisory or management experience.
- Strong experience evaluating & managing costs associated with projects; experience developing project budgets.
- Experience developing documents for project proposals, evaluating proposals’ responses
- Experience with selection of contractors and implementing contract agreements for these.
- Experience managing multiple projects and contractors with budgetary oversight of these.
- Adept in the use of project management software.
- High-level computer proficiency is required including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Projects and AutoCAD
- Occasional exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors.
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
- Requires walking, sitting, lifting, pushing, pulling, and climbing to a significant degree
- Heavy Work-Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds or force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
CEMEX is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital or familial status, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by under federal, state or local law in the programs or activities which it operates.
CEMEX will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all local, state and federal laws.
CEMEX is an E-Verify participating employer.
EEO Statement - En Español
Arizona Smoke-Free Act. CEMEX complies with the State of Arizona’s Smoke-Free Act (Arizona Revised Statutes § 36-601.01). Smoking and/or the use of tobacco or related products is prohibited in and on CEMEX property as well as any building and/or vehicle owned or leased by CEMEX.
CEMEX es una institución EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acción afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color, religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional, estatus veterano, orientación sexual, infomación genética, identidad de género, o expresión de género en los programas o actividades los cuales opera.
Nearest Major Market: Knoxville
- Auto Cad
- Financial Management
- Implement Projects