We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
We have successfully delivered large infrastructure projects across Canada since 2001. Our leadership and expertise span the entire value chain from research and development through construction, operation and maintenance of projects. Currently involved in some of Canada’s largest infrastructure projects, ACCIONA delivers solutions that contribute to the economic and social progress of the communities in which it operates. [ Link removed ]
Collaborate and provide support on projects carried out by his/her unit/department, in keeping with the instructions given by his/her supervisor, performing the tasks delegated to him/her to meet the project’s needs.
They are responsible for the drawing up or review of public works projects, industrial and building projects. The projects may be for external clients or for the company itself. In the phase of bid drafting, they draw up the Tender Projects, and in the execution phase they draw up Construction Projects.
Required Skills and Competencies
The Broadway Subway Project Corporation (BSPC) is an Acciona-Ghella general partnership to deliver a 5.7 km extension of the Millennium Line, from VCC-Clark Station to Broadway and Arbutus. Once complete, it will provide fast, frequent and convenient service to B.C.’s second largest jobs center, world-class health services, an emerging innovation and research hub, and growing residential communities.
- Responsible for the development of the construction schedule as well as monitoring it during the project’s life-cycle.
- Preparing construction schedules that accurately reflect the scope and work sequence using Primavera P6.
- Coordinating with subcontractors, cost estimators and quantity surveyors during the schedule development to create a realistic schedule.
- Monitor the progress of the project throughout its life.
- Analyze the project’s critical path to determine risks and opportunities.
- Generate forecast schedules and status reports as required.
- Generating regular progress reports and advising the project management team on the project’s status and risks.
- Generating and assessing cost and resource reports.
- Coordinate with the Project Manager for cost report/control and ensure required information is properly coded and posted for Project Controls.
- Demonstrate a proactive, timely and cost effective approach in meeting client and project requirements.
- Work with the accounting department to ensure alignment/balance with financial statements and other financial/schedule reports.
- Negotiate with third parties to maximize the project profitability projections providing/ensuring technical knowledge.
- Other related duties assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- In-depth knowledge of major civil projects engineering.
- In-depth knowledge of environmental, safety and quality requirements as they relate to major civil construction.
- Demonstrated leadership, project management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient in Oracle Primavera Software [P6-Project Manager] and Microsoft Project.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, mainly in Excel.
- Proficient in cost, manpower and equipment resource loaded schedule.
- Proficient in gathering, maintaining, reporting and analyzing schedule data.
- Strong time management, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong mentoring skills.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple site priorities.
- BSc. in Civil Engineering.
- Previous responsibility in planning /scheduling, with at least 5 years of experience in JV environment.
- 7 years’ experience working in a similar role on a major infrastructure P3 project.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination.
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Conflict Resolution