Element has an opportunity for an Trainee Technician Safety Engineer to join our rapidly expanding product safety testing team
As a member of the operations team, the Trainee Technician Safety Engineer performs a vital role supporting the test engineers; configuring test equipment, test samples, booking samples in and out of the laboratory, managing test equipment calibration, and undertaking limited basic safety tests. The Trainee Technician Safety Engineer.will need to demonstrate proficiency in a number of core business and technical skills including, but not limited to, ensuring compliance to established safety rules and standards, following an appropriate code of conduct, adhering to company policies and procedures, and embracing the company core values.
Skills / Qualifications
- To be familiar with test equipment functions, measurement and internal calibration techniques
- To manage the calibration of test equipment, and update the calibration logs
- To perform test setup and limited testing to procedures laid down in the procedures manual.
- To maintain a technical logbook and record results of tests on the prescribed result sheets.
- To manage test samples (customer equipment)
- To prepare test reports for checking by the Department Manager
A minimum of:
- GCSEs in Mathematics, English and Science and/or relevant aptitude
- (An engineering/science qualification (HNC, HND, BTEC, NVQ, GNVQ or Degree, etc.) would be an advantage)
- Basic computer skills
- Experience working with electrical equipment or electronics would also be an advantage
- No prior experience is necessary as any training required will be provided.
- This is an exciting opportunity to work with an incredibly diverse range of new and innovative products, and to play an integral role in making them safer
- For the right candidate, this is the first step on the ladder to a rewarding career in product testing, inspection and certification
At Element, we always take pride in putting our people first. We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes diversity and inclusion as fundamental to our Vision of becoming “the world’s most trusted testing partner”.
All suitably qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective work related criteria and without regard for the following: race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, and/or protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the applicable governing laws.
- Conflict Management
- Electrical Installation Work
- Product Testing