Do you have experience in server management, commissioning and maintenance of SCADA systems? And are you comfortable with working in a high paced and highly dynamic environment?
Sales > SBU NCE > Reg. Nordic, Region 2
Plant Engineering is a part of Service NCE (Northern & Central Europe) and supports the organization in installing and servicing a great number of SCADA systems, controlling medium and large sized wind power plants. Our job is to turn a bunch of wind turbines into a power plant, according to contractual and regional requirements.
Our customers can mainly be found among larger power supply companies and professional investors.
As a Lead SCADA engineer you will be a part of a team, responsible for commissioning and maintaining Vestas SCADA solutions, and other automated functionalities in our power plants, based on Vestas standards and customer requirements. You ensure knowledge transfer and contribute in optimizing and improving our product solutions. You will also support our growing Multibrand business by giving technical advice and contribute to the overall strategy. Daily tasks will be:
- Configuration and commissioning of Vestas and non-Vestas SCADA servers
- Operational support to our Multibrand sites
- Give technical advice to our internal and external stakeholders
- Support and mentor less experienced engineers in their development
- Customer and 3rd party interaction
- At least 5 years’ experience of working as a SCADA engineer, preferably in the wind industry
- Relevant education within Information Technology
- Industrial electricity and electronics knowledge
- Experience with MS Windows and SQL servers
- Experience in commissioning and maintenance of server operating systems
- Experience with VMware is an advantage
- Knowledge of networking and their configuration is an advantage
- Ability to handle multiple assignments as needed
- Strong English skills, both verbal and written
- Good IT skills and experience with MS Office packages
- You should be comfortable mentoring and developing less experienced engineers and technicians and lead by example
- Ability to participate effectively as part of an international team
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Proven ability to work both with limited supervision and in teams
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable with working in a high paced and highly dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills, comfortable communicating technical updates to a large organisation and to customers
- High attention to detail and a solid commitment to quality
- Willingness to travel
What we offer
We are a team of skilled and committed colleagues, who are enthusiastic about wind energy. We work in a modularized setup where you will be a part of a project team and contribute to the process within your area of expertise. You will have the opportunity to develop a career in a global company, within a very exciting industry that is constantly expanding. Together with our customers, Vestas' more than 22.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions, to power a bright future.
Your work location will be in Videbæk, Denmark.
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV as soon as possible – and no later than 30th April 2021.
If you have specific questions about the position, please contact Camilla Døssing, Team Leader SCADA Operations on (45) 40 62 60 38.
All inquiries are treated confidentially.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at URL blocked - click to apply and following us on our social media channels.
Human Machine Interface
Human Computer Interaction