EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
Job Title: HVAC Technician II
Maintains, repairs, installs, inspects, and adjusts commercial, manufacture and industrial HVAC systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to read and understand system blueprints, specifications, and performance data to determine configuration and purpose of system components such as compressors, motors, pumps, fans, switches, controls, ducts, or pipes.
- Inspects system to verify system compliance with plans and specifications and to detect malfunctions in system component parts.
- Opens valves on equipment such as compressors, pumps, and condensers to prepare system for operation and starts equipment and auxiliary machinery.
- Starts systems, observes operation, reads gauges and instruments, and adjusts mechanisms such as actuators, valves, controls, and pumps to control system operation.
- Monitors Energy Management System — For alarms, out of spec situations, investigates and takes appropriate actions.
Responds to associated Hot/Cold temperature complaints. Discusses system malfunctions with users to isolate problems.
- Records temperature, pressure, and other readings on log sheet at specified intervals.
- Operates refrigerant recovery equipment, vacuum pumps, charging equipment and service gauges.
- Screws, bolts, rivets, welds, and brazes parts to assemble structural and functional components such as motors, controls, switches, gauges, wiring harnesses, valves, pumps, compressors, condensers, cores, and pipes.
- Installs wiring to connect components to electric power source.
- Dismantles malfunctioning systems and tests components.
- Replaces or adjusts defective or worn parts to repair systems.
Cuts, threads, gas welds, and connects pipe to functional components of HVAC systems.
Cuts, bends, crimp sheet metal, install air ducts and associated sheet metal components.
- Inspects and measures building to determine airflow requirements.
Installation of complete heat and air conditioning systems.
Lubricate fans, motors, and control units. Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical heat and refrigeration systems.
- Maintain, organize, control, inventory supplies, tools, and equipment.
- Clean and organize shop area. Maintain inventory of spare parts and material. Maintain tools and equipment for maintenance work.
- Performs preventative maintenance tasking on all HVAC equipment. Repair and maintenance on all HVAC equipment.
- Performs other routine duties.
High School Diploma or GED.
- One or more years of experience in maintaining similar type and size commercial equipment preferred.
- Journeyman position.
- Strong oral and written communication required.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions and perform duties with minimal supervision in isolated areas.
- Knowledge and experience in the proper use and safe operation of hand tools, equipment and testing devices necessary to perform all work assignments.
- Valid Vehicle Operators license
- Ability to stand, sit or squat for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, move and carry material up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and work at extended heights.
- Must possess a valid driver's license
- Journeyman license
- Universal - Type I, II and III (preferred)
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by a Maintenance Manager to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Technician is regularly required to stand at eight hour intervals with occasional scheduled breaks, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The individual frequently is required to climb stairs and ladders. The individual must regularly lift and/or move up to 70 pounds, at higher than chest level and be able to tolerate adverse rooftop working conditions due to climate and tolerate extreme temperature changes.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.
- Valves (Piping)
- Vacuum Pumps
- Installations (Manual/Mechanical)