Eaton’s ESSG division iscurrently seeking a Master Field Service Technician to join our team. Thisposition is based in Urbandale, IA.
Eaton has the largest and most experienced teamof field services technicians and engineers in the industry. This team bringsextensive skills and experiences to field service engineering. Activeparticipation in recognized technical societies such as NFPA and IEEE andcollaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that ourtechnicians are knowledgeable about today’s cutting-edge technology andengineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the powersystem: offering start-up and commissioning of equipment, performing plannedmaintenance, monitoring performance, diagnosing system problems remotely, aswell as responding to emergencies on a 24/7 basis, 365 days a year. Our supportservices help businesses make the most of their existing electrical equipmentby optimizing performance and extending the life of existing facilities. The Power Distribution Systems organization offers career opportunitiesat a variety of levels representing increased scope and responsibility withinthe organization.
The Power Distribution Systems organizationoffers career opportunities at a variety of levels representing increased scopeand responsibility within the organization.
Making what matters workat Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create anenvironment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each andevery day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your fullpotential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function youwill:
- Provide field service engineering and technical assistance tocustomers in areas of installation, testing, startup, maintenance, repair,training and modification of electrical power distribution equipment;self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment; knowledge of electricaltest and diagnostic equipment; deliver technical solutions to customers;performs less conventional complex engineering assignments that may involveequipment or product design, testing of materials, process studies, or researchinvestigations
- Skilled proficiency in the following:
- Basic Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Troubleshooting Techniques
- Intermediate Test Equipment Operation
- Advanced Troubleshooting Technique
- Advanced Test Equipment Operation
- Basic Protective Relays
- Basic PQ Measurements
Whenwe embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each ofus unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
- Associates degree and/ormilitary experience required
- Minimum 3 years of experience evaluating and servicing electricaldistribution or control systems
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without companysponsorship
- No relocation benefit will be offered. All candidates must residewithin a 50 mile radius of Urbandale, IA in order to be considered.
- Experience in testing, troubleshooting,evaluating, and servicing electrical distribution and control systems is highlydesirable.
- Experience performing power quality measurements,troubleshooting, and analysis is highly desirable.
- Experience with protective relays is highlydesirable.
- Electrical Contractor’s License
- Professional Engineering License
- General Contractor’s License
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Installations (Computer Systems)
Computer Control Systems