BRIEF OUTLINE OF SPECIFIC ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct a wide variety of non-procedural gasoline and diesel engine dynamometer testing.
- Support development, durability and performance testing in an engine dynamometer facility.
- Collect, review and validate data for accuracy and completeness and make recommendation to engineering.
- Fabricate basic fixtures. Interface with Technologists, Product Engineers, and Supervisors on updates/new test procedures, equipment and methods.
- Verify the calibration and maintenance of test equipment and test systems.
Install engines on dynamometer, hook up instrumentation, diagnose / troubleshoot problems, conduct tests, change engine parts if necessary, and remove engine and instrumentation
MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, TRAINING, AND /OR SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
High School Diploma
Minimum of two (2) years of related experience or vocational training. Ability to operate hand and power tools.
Good interpersonal, computer, oral and written skills.
Knowledge of engines and powertrain.
Working towards an Associates’ Degree in Automotive Technology or related field or equivalent testing experience in Gasoline and Diesel engine testing.
Experience in engines/powertrain dynamometer testing or other similar testing techniques preferred.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws
and [ Link removed ]
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)