We are an international company with a workforce of more than 38,500 top professionals, present in more than 40 countries across the five continents. Leaders in Innovation and Technological Development at the service of society, we’re looking for experts in designing a better planet who can go out there and promote sustainable development and find solutions to the biggest global challenges, including global warming, overpopulation and water scarcity.
We have successfully delivered large infrastructure projects across Canada since 2001. Our leadership and expertise span the entire value chain from research and development through construction, operation and maintenance of projects. Currently involved in some of Canada’s largest infrastructure projects, ACCIONA delivers solutions that contribute to the economic and social progress of the communities in which it operates. [ Link removed ]
Required Skills and Competencies
The Broadway Subway Project Corporation (BSPC) is an Acciona-Ghella general partnership to deliver a 5.7 km extension of the Millennium Line, from VCC-Clark Station to Broadway and Arbutus. Once complete, it will provide fast, frequent, and convenient service to B.C.’s second largest jobs center, world-class health services, an emerging innovation and research hub, and growing residential communities.
The Senior Buyer is responsible for the negotiation and procurement of products and services required in support of the Main Civil Works for the Broadway Subway project in accordance with procurement best practice. The Senior Buyer will work closely with BSP staff to support the development of detailed procurement requirements and will be responsible for leading competitive bid processes, supplier selection and the placement of purchase orders in accordance with BSP Procurement Procedures.
- Research and identify potential suppliers capable of supplying equipment and/or services required for the project.
- Lead the sourcing, bid evaluation, selection, procurement and delivery of materials and services required in support of BSP operations
- Lead the bid evaluation, selection, negotiation, and execution of purchase orders. Ensure that purchase order terms and conditions incorporate technical, schedule and quality and BSP terms and conditions; including flow down of the terms and conditions of the Main Civil Works Contract as and when required.
- Act as liaison between Suppliers and the technical leads and construction managers in respect to materials and services requirements to ensure that technical requirements, schedules, and cost targets are fully achieved.
- Perform evaluations of potential suppliers including researching historical performance and financial strength and validate supplier references through contact with previous customers.
- Ensure that purchase orders are approved in accordance with policies and execute the purchase orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Expedite suppliers as required to ensure on-time delivery of material and completion of services
- Professional certification or training through an accredited procurement society such as the Supply Chain Management Association of Canada (SCMP) or The Logistics Institute (P. Log.) would be an asset.
- A minimum of 10 years of sourcing, bid evaluation, negotiation and execution of various types of purchase agreements as part of a Procurement organization in a construction environment
- Strong procurement skill set/knowledge of competitive bid processes
- Experience working from bills of quantities in a construction environment
- Previous experience is the acquisition of major equipment, raw materials, fabricated materials, build-to-specification materials and commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) products used in used in major capital construction
- Previous experience working alongside technical teams
- Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills.
- Proven track record of working with procurement software systems would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive workforce that is free of all forms of discrimination.
- Customer Service
- Interpersonal Skills