Headquartered in Tuam, Co. Galway, Valeo Vision Systems VVS is the world leader in providing advanced driver-assistance and automated parking systems. The Computer Vision Department is responsible for developing custom-built state-of-the-art algorithms intrinsically designed to leverage the full power of today's most advanced multi-core automotive embedded platforms. Computer vision algorithms developed include\: 3D object detection, pedestrian and vehicle classification, trajectory mapping, online calibration, lens soiling detection, lane and park-slot detection, and much more. The outputs from these algorithms feed into a detailed map of the vehicle's environment via advanced sensor fusion. The team specialise in redefining state-of-the-art computer vision techniques for object detection, classification, structure from motion, localisation, mapping and deep learning in order to deliver next-generation advanced driver-assistance and automated driving systems for leading European, American and Asian OEMs.
As a computer vision research engineer, you will be responsible for the development of state of the art algorithms enabling Automated Driving Assistance Systems. Examples of such algorithms include\: pedestrian detection, structure from motion, lane detection, park slot detection, object detection and classification & scene understanding. You will be expected to remain abreast of technological developments in your field and support VVS in maintaining and enforcing its position as world leader in the field of automotive vision applications.
- Research, develop, benchmark, test and document the state of the art computer vision and image processing algorithms for autonomous driving applications within your assigned project team.
- Perform research into new vision technology, ideas, and approaches.
- Support Intellectual Property activities and generate Invention Disclosure Memos to facilitate patent applications.
- Contribute to design reviews across algorithm teams.
- Consider next generation algorithms and new business opportunities.
- Develop algorithms with a view to implementing on embedded DSP platforms.
- Represent VVS at various Industry Working Groups and at Conferences where directed.
- Support the design and implementation of in-company training sessions in your area of expertise.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with university counterparts.
- Strive to improve competencies in the field of automotive vision based ADAS, Computer vision and C in particular.
- Identify inefficiencies and suggest/implement improvements within the current processes used in algorithm development.
Qualifications and Experience\:
- BSc degree and 4 years of work experience, or MSc degree and 2 years of work experience, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Electronic Engineering, or equivalent
- Solid understanding of fundamental computer vision algorithms and approaches
- Strong C and C programming skills for clean, well-documented and robust code
- Strong rapid prototyping skills in Python
- Excellent English language communication skills, both written and verbal.
- High level of initiative. Motivated for innovation.
- Experience with version control software, code review and bug tracking systems.
- The company has the right to request the employee be flexible in his/her duties
- Specialisation in one or more of these areas preferred\: Computer Vision, Image Processing, Synthetic Image Generation, Robotics, Optics
- Experience with computer vision libraries (e.g. OpenCV)
- Experience in one or more of the following\: camera calibration, structure from motion, object detection/classification, SLAM, 3D reconstruction, stereo-matching, visual odometry, environment mapping, lane sensing
- Experience with synthetic image/scene generation (e.g. CARLA simulator)
- Algorithm development experience in computer vision, camera systems, robotics, ultrasonics, RADAR, LIDAR, sensor fusion.
- Experience developing software for embedded platforms.
- Experience developing algorithms for autonomous and/or real-time systems.
- Experience with imaging or optics systems.
- Automotive industry experience.
- Academic publications in relevant field.
- Automotive Industry
- Bug Tracking
- Business Development
- C (Programming Language)
- C++ (Programming Language)