Brookfield Renewable is looking for a Senior Accountant who enjoys a fast-paced environment and can multi-task in an Accounting department. Reporting to the Manager, Accounting, you are accountable for all aspects of the monthly accounting cycle, ensuring accurate financial close within tight deadlines, as well as preparing the financial statements for various sites under the Wind and/or Solar Platform.
We welcome dedicated, and team-oriented individuals who are passionate about being an integral part of our dynamic organization and helping it thrive. We are looking for people who are interested in both professional and personal growth!
- Take ownership of assigned companies, acting as the main point of contact for those outside the department;
- Prepare and document analysis for complex accounting issues, present the findings and conclusions, including the implementation plan to the Accounting group, as well as impacted stakeholders;
- Prepare accounting and financial statements for Wind and/or Solar assets;
- Prepare journal entries as part of the monthly, quarterly and annual close process;
- Coordinate with internal departments to prepare monthly and quarterly variance analysis;
- Review and maintain monthly general ledger accounts and reconciliations to ensure accuracy of financial statements;
- Prepare journal entries in Fixed Asset Module for Distributed Generation (DG) segment
- Prepare accounting entries for assets under construction and ensure accurate transfer to Property, Plant and Equipment (PPE) after asset reaches it Commercial Operation Date
- Complete SOX compliance documentation for Projects under construction and Projects closed during the year as per internal process.
- Lead or participate in special projects as needed within the department, within a broader finance environment and/or cross-functionally.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizations skills;
- Ability to “think outside the box”, and embrace a dynamic, complex, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment;
- Effective project management skills; able to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Call on past experiences, industry trends and new technology to identify opportunities to improve and streamline processes;
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities;
- Self-motivated and able to work independently;
- Able to work overtime hours during peak periods as required;
- Occasional travel required.
- Bachelor's Degree required (Accounting concentration preferred);
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience;
- Working towards or completion of an accounting designation (CPA/CA);
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Microsoft Dynamics 365 or other ERP, with the ability to learn new software;
- Demonstrated knowledge of internal controls (specific SOX experience is considered an asset);
- Experience in publicly traded companies, preferred.
- Business Process Models