Founded in 2008, Safari Energy is the solar partner of choice for commercial and industrial customers, real estate owners, public sector organizations and solar developers seeking competitive financial solutions for their projects. Headquartered in New York City, Safari Energy has helped customers unlock enormous economic value and drive significant energy savings by developing more than 500 solar projects from New Jersey to Hawaii. In 2018, Safari Energy was acquired by the PPL Corporation, a Fortune 500 utility company (NYSE: PPL). With extensive interdisciplinary expertise, Safari supports the growth of distributed energy resources and PPL Corporation’s focus on advancing a sustainable energy future.
Reporting to the Director, Operational Systems & Engineering, the Project Engineer will be responsible for creating plans for solar energy systems, performing site inspections, and overseeing all stages from design to permitting and construction. A strong working knowledge of data analysis is essential to drive the efficiency of company-wide processes. The ability to work independently and as a team member are critical, as well as the desire and innovative mindset to operate as an important contributor within a fast-paced company environment.
- Conduct engineering site audits to collect structural, electrical, and related site information for use in the design of residential or commercial solar power systems.
- Design or coordinate design of photovoltaic (PV) systems, including system components, for commercial and utility scale projects.
- Create electrical single-line diagrams, panel schedules, or connection diagrams for solar electric systems, using computer-aided design (CAD) software.
- Review specifications and recommend engineering or manufacturing changes to achieve solar design objectives.
- Develop design specifications and functional requirements for commercial or industrial solar energy systems or components.
- Coordinate with vendors contractors and Project Managers to perform project and value engineering support.
- Provide technical direction or support to installation teams during installation, start-up, testing, system commissioning, or performance monitoring.
- Perform computer simulation of solar photovoltaic (PV) generation system performance or energy production to optimize efficiency using HelioScope, PVSyst Aurora, SAM, or any related cloud based or software tool.
- Develop standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work.
- Create checklists for review or inspection of completed solar installation projects.
- Perform thermal, stress, or cost reduction analyses for solar systems.
- Assess and mitigate project risks in advance of detailed engineering efforts.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
Must be passionate about the renewable energy business, hardworking and thrive in the fast pace of a rapidly growing, company. In addition, the Project Engineer must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering; masters in renewable energy engineering or related experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years of solar design or solar project management experience required.
- Experience with AutoCAD, HelioScope, PVSyst and Aurora
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 or PowerApps is a big plus
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g., Power BI and Tableau)
- Strong mathematics skills (e.g., statistics, algebra)
- Advanced ability to perform exploratory data analysis and to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Outstanding organizational and people skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly energetic and results-driven, with a strong work ethic and commitment to excellence
- Analytical problem solver who views obstacles as challenges
- Creative thinker who generates new and different ideas
- Self-motivated, self-starter who can work independently when necessary
- Collaborative and engaging team member who partners well with others
- Strong team orientation and demonstrated client management skills
- Executive presence, outgoing with strong communication and presentation skills
- Builds trust by demonstrating high ethical standards and personal integrity
- Quick learner and highly intelligent
Equal Employment Opportunity
\u003cp\u003eOur company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace.\u0026nbsp; All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.\u003c/p\u003e\u003cp\u003eNOTE: Due to the large volume of applicants, only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.\u0026nbsp;\u003c/p\u003e
Complex Problem Solving