FirstEnergy at a Glance
We are a forward-thinking electric utility powered by a diverse team of employees committed to making customers’ lives brighter, the environment better and our communities stronger.
FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) is dedicated to safety, reliability and operational excellence. Headquartered in Akron, Ohio, FirstEnergy includes one of the nation's largest investor-owned electric systems, more than 24,500 miles of transmission lines that connect the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions, and a regulated generating fleet with a total capacity of 3,780 megawatts.
About the Opportunity
This is an open position with FirstEnergy Service Co.,a subsidiary of FirstEnergy Corp. [SC00]
The Aerial Asset Coordinator reports directly to the Dir, Flight Operations. The Coordinator works with the Flight Logistics Lead, Utility Aerial Asset Consultant, Chief Helicopter Pilot and FirstEnergy Vendors to schedule and track all internal and external aerial assets on the FirstEnergy system.
This position will be located at the Akron-Canton Airport FE Hanger.
- Tracking internal and external flight activity to ensure safety of flight on FirstEnergy system.
- Maintaining department records (including flight manifest and insurance) to ensure accurate reporting, currency, and accounting issues.
- Coordinate and monitor daily activities and planning to remove conflicts of all FirstEnergy utility aviation activities as well as with known non-FirstEnergy utility aviation activities.
- Participate in the Utility Aviation Safety Management System as appropriate.
- Ensuring internal crew notification of scheduled flights/trips.
- Scheduling flight crews to ensure compliance with company and FAA regulations regarding currency, flight and duty times.
- Coordinating scheduled and non-scheduled aircraft maintenance with the maintenance department manager.
- Ensuring that aircraft schedules align with any airport/airspace restrictions.
- Maintaining computer records of all department flight activity, including crew currency requirements. Notify Chief Pilot of any individual at risk of losing currency in any area.
- Remaining current on resources available and training opportunities to facilitate an effective scheduling operation.
- Maintain an awareness of industry trends and participate in industry conversations.
- Demonstrating a solid commitment to all aspects of safety; maintaining a safe workplace for coworkers based upon knowledge of potential hazards and industry regulations/requirements.
- High school diploma or GED required. Associate degree in a related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 0 - 10 years relevant work experience required. Relevant experience will include experience in an administrative or coordinator type role with ability to manage schedules, maintain records and track group activities.
- Aviation experience within a wire environment is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of scheduling software preferred
- Demonstrate a questioning attitude to continue to learn, produce results and strengthen existing relationships
- Ability to model active learning through continuing to develop breadth of knowledge, skills, and perspective
- Ability to lead by example
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to shifting priorities
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and teamwork skills with the ability to independently prioritize workloads, meet deadlines and work in pressure situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to be friendly, courteous, helpful towards internal and external customers
- Ability to work independently on special assignments as directed
- Demonstrated experience making recommendations for process improvements when appropriate
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At FirstEnergy, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, a company-sponsored pension plan, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.firstenergycorp.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. FirstEnergy proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for FirstEnergy and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.
FirstEnergy Human Resources Team
Nearest Major Market: Canton
Nearest Secondary Market: Akron
Operations Manager, Architecture, Utility, Operations, Engineering, Energy
Process Improvements (Business)