Oil States Piper Valve, A Division of Oil States Industries, Inc. is a global leader in the design and manufacture of high-pressure compact ball valves for use primarily in the Oil and Gas Industry. As a Division of Oil States Industries, Inc. we are part of a growing organization that is a highly respected global designer and manufacturer of diverse products for offshore platforms, subsea pipelines, defense and general industrial applications. Since our founding in 1942, we have been known as innovators - crossing new frontiers in all the markets we serve. We continue to pioneer products and solutions through application of our technologies across industry boundaries.
Oil States Piper Valve recognizes that our employees are our greatest asset and we offer employee programs that enrich and protect our employees. With new industry challenges, our employees will help Oil States Industries carry on its tradition of developing and providing technologically advanced products and solutions. Be part of what’s next!
Oil States Piper Valve is currently looking for qualified candidates for the position of CNC MACHINIST I – OKLAHOMA CITY, OK
In our organization, the CNC Machinist I is responsible for safely operating machining centers to produce high quality machined parts with a high level of emphasis in the areas of safety, quality, and sense of pace during all machine shop activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Set-up and operate CNC machines to produce precision parts to drawing specifications.
- Edit programs and make offsets on Fanuc and/or Mazatrol controls.
- Monitor the speeds and feeds of CNC machines during the machining process.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics, machine shop theories, and instruments, including but not limited to, micrometers and vernier calipers.
- Align and secure holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials onto the machines.
- Select appropriate tools, machines, and materials to be used in the machining processes.
- Participate in Research & Development activities as required.
- Perform all tasks as required of a Safety Sensitive position.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain the CNC machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and documented machining procedures.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of all of OSI-OKC Piper’s machined parts and the processes needed to machine them.
- Effectively and efficiently use time to safely perform duties.
- Complete all paperwork in required manner and time frame.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn to produce new products, use new procedures, and embrace and support change.
- Follow and support established HSE programs.
- Report any unsafe situations to appropriate Management Team member if necessary.
- All other duties or tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to set-up and operate CNC lathes or mills using Fanuc or Mazatrol controls.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain constructive working relationships with people.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects on a daily basis in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Ability to speak, write and read English.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team on a broad variety of projects.
- Willingness to work additional hours in order to meet tight deadlines.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- One (1) year of experience in the set-up and operation of CNC mills and lathes.
- Must obtain and maintain active Level 1 OSI-OKC Piper certification to operate Class IV forklifts.
- Must obtain and maintain active OSI-OKC Piper certifications to operate cranes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Extended walking and/or standing.
Tools and Equipment Used
- Frequent use of computer equipment to include but not limited to computer, monitors, and project time tracking hardware.
- Frequent use of company designated software programs to include but not limited to project time tracking software.
- Frequent use of CNC Machining equipment such as lathes, mills, and saws.
- Frequent use of various hand and power tools to include but not limited to air and hydraulic torque and sanding tools.
- Periodic use of overhead cranes and other lifting devices including but not limited to 1/2-ton cranes, 1-ton cranes, 5-ton cranes, and associated rigging.
- Periodic use of Class IV forklifts.
Quality/Customer Service Implications
- Directly impacts workplace safety through active participation in OSI-OKC Piper HSE programs and safe work practices.
- Immediately and directly impacts quality of product through machining processes and setups.
- Indirectly impacts customer satisfaction through component quality, appearance, fit, and on-time delivery.
Safety Sensitive Position
This position is designated as a Safety Sensitive Position as defined by the Oklahoma Medical Marijuana and Patient
Protection Act.CNC MACHINIST I
Be part of what’s next at Oil States Piper Valve
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Computer Numerical Control (Cnc)
Cutting Tool (Machining)