Our team requires a project manager, to be based out of our Charlotte, Austin, Houston or Boston offices, to play a vital role in leading the smooth running of day to day project activities. You will be providing project management support for the energy division, in particular the power team.
The office-based lead for project delivery function provides overall coordination on scope, schedule, and budget for major substation design projects as well as secondary expertise in substation design and works with multi-disciplinary teams for utility clients. As part of this role, the successful candidate will direct and coordinate assignments for the delivery of high voltage substations and the design/condition assessment of existing substations.
Direct teams to provide the following elements:
- Engineering/technical guidance in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, monitoring and managing work activities of an engineering and project delivery team
- Thorough and accurate reporting, correspondence, documentation, schedules, GANTT charts (Development and distribution to the project team, management, and client)
- Continuous improvement of job-related technical and professional knowledge, skills and performance
- Contract and change-order negotiation.
- Effective change control and risk management processes.
- Effective team coordination and project financial skills
- Experience with MS Project and WBS accounting
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective project meetings (kickoff, client alignment, status meeting, progress review, etc).
- Management of the client and project stakeholders, ensuring effective business relationships are in place and trusted by the all.
- Provide meaningful performance related feedback to line management and project team.
- Effective financial controls to ensure project profitability and expected cash flow positions.
- Support of company’s goals and represents the company positively and professionally
Essential competencies / skills:
- Technical Degree with exposure to high voltage substation design experience
- Successful candidates will be qualified with a Bachelor of Science or higher degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree
- Project management and organizational skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Fundamental understanding of HV/EHV electrical engineering transmission and distribution theories and principles
- Engineering/technical expertise and in the identification, analysis and resolution of problems
- Effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling and monitoring of work activities
- Ability to work well with a team of engineers, mentoring and training other engineers
- Thorough and accurate technical reports, records, correspondence, documentation, calculations
- Understanding of revenue and profit recognition over the project life-cycle
- Continuous improvement of job-related engineering technical and professional knowledge, skills, and performance
- Supports company’s goals and represents the company positively and professionally
- Experience meeting with clients and supporting marketing presentations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- PE – Professional Engineer or PMP- Project Management Professional desirable but not required
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.Equal employment opportunity is the law. [ Link removed ] version, Spanish version, Chinese version.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender equality, citizenship status or disability status.
Coaching And Mentoring