At Wärtsilä Voyage, we radically transform how vessels perform their voyage by leveraging the latest digital technologies, to deliver a step-change in safety, efficiency, reliability, and emissions reduction. And it’s so exciting!
We’re on a mission to ensure that not only do our customers all around the globe reap the full benefits of the technology revolution, but they also actively contribute towards achieving a safer, more sustainable shipping future. Smarter ships will allow operators to control the movements of their vessels more effectively, reduce fuel consumption and lower emissions.
We are looking for a Sales Manager to join our dynamic, fast-paced Voyage Customer Success team.
As a Sales Manager you will be leading sales negotiations and offerings for customers. You will be developing and leading customer accounts in various regions. The Sales Manager will accelerate the go to market and sales of our complex products and services of our Smart Vessel product portfolio, SaaP and SaaS.
As a Sales Manager, you will focus on these responsibilities:
- Selection, acquisition, and retention of key accounts (partners/ end-users).
- Sell PCS/MCS/DP, NavCom. Smart Sensors to shipyard or ship owner or potential integrator/partner according to Wartsila Voyage capability in the Marine business.
- Create proposition, quotations, conduct negotiations and close deals, based on company strategy and management guidelines.
- Manage contract renewal process.
- Build up the big picture of project and play a role as a Commercial Leader and realize sales target in assigned sales area.
- Attend technical negotiation and assist to project execution and after sales.
- Opportunities input and maintenance in CRM Salesforce update
- Strengthen the relationship and influence the customer, keep current customers and enlarge the sales range, prospect and develop new potential customers.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relatable field is desired.
- Experience in Sales, within or working with Maritime customer base.
- Must have experience selling software.
- Good understanding of local & international marine shipbuilding market–automation or navigation application market.
- Well-developed sense of customer support and relationship maintenance combined with an outgoing and open personality, proactive & able to work independently.
- Proficient writing and speaking in English.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time domestic and internationally.
Why you and us
We at Wärtsilä believe in empowerment, ownership and taking responsibility of our work. We support each other’s growth and co-creation is the true basis of our innovation. We have courage to see opportunities and take initiative.
We are authentic and honest, and we strongly believe in a diverse and inclusive work community where everyone can be their true self. We don’t always get it right the first time, and if mistakes are made, we make sure to learn and grow from them. We want everyone to voice their opinions freely. That is why we have built an environment that empowers you and everyone around you, and where you can feel safe and cared for.
You will be a part of a global organization with local presence and work in an exciting and dynamic working environment with highly motivated and skilled co-workers. We offer interesting and challenging work tasks, as well as personal and professional development in a great team.
Are you eager to be part of this ambition?
We offer you:
- Working together with other enthusiasts in a collaborative and supportive environment.
- Lots of freedom and space for self-development.
- Meaningful work with clear purpose: changing the marine industry to be more economical and environmentally friendly.
- Flexible work arrangements with flexible hours and remote working options.
- You choose what tools you use. (laptop, OS, IDE, mobile phone)
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä Voyage transforms how vessels perform their journeys and ports manage their operations by leveraging the latest digital technologies. Using data and AI-driven software, we deliver real-time insights into operations, performance, and energy use to enhance safety, efficiency, and reliability, saving fuel and minimising emissions. Our solutions combine bridge infrastructure, cloud data services, decision support systems, and smart port solutions to enable shore-to-shore visibility. We are committed to building an end-to-end connected digital ecosystem for shipping where all vessels and ports are integrated, and all operations are safe and sustainable.
[ Link removed ]
Wärtsilä is a global leader in innovative technologies and lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. We emphasise innovation in sustainable technology and services to help our customers continuously improve their environmental and economic performance. Our dedicated and passionate team of 17,000 professionals in more than 200 locations in 68 countries shape the decarbonisation transformation of our industries across the globe. In 2021, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.8 billion. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at [ Link removed ] .
- Artificial Intelligence
- Customer Service
- Decision Support Systems