EMCOR Facilities Services (EFS), an EMCOR core business, services over 1 billion square feet of commercial space across the United States. From corporate campuses to single sites, EFS provides a range of services that support mission-critical areas of financial services, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, transportation, and education sectors.
The Project Manager oversees project work from pricing to closeout. The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of assigned projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Oversight of construction activities, scheduling, budget management, and communication with project stakeholders is required daily. This position operates out of a central location; however, some travel may be required as project workload dictates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs project budgeting and cost control. Establishes project budget from estimate, performs job cost review, updates budgets monthly, and provides updates to General Management monthly
- Prepares and manages project schedules to meet or exceed goals of customer
- Performs contract management. Prepares owner contracts and manages the change order process per company and project procedures
- Performs subcontractor and supplier management. Prepares subcontracts and purchase orders and manages the change order process per company and project procedures
- Establishes and maintains organized project files per company procedures. Documents all pertinent conversations in writing
- Plan and lead project meetings within company guidelines for format and content (Pre-Constructs, Progress Meetings, Close-out Meetings). Document meetings with minutes within five days of meeting
- Perform project document control by managing Requests for Information (RFI’s). Ensure all effected parties receive clarifications in a timely manner and post clarifications to contract documents
- Monitor and inspect subcontractor jobsites for quality and safety
- Perform project billings monthly and assist with accounts receivable collections as required
- Participate in estimating and pricing development for both capital and expenses related customer projects
- Undergraduate degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture preferred, in addition to a minimum of 5 years related experience.
- Previous experience managing construction projects in occupied spaces required. Experience working in industrial plants, secured production facilities, or data centers a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, and e-mail communication.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required
- LEED Associate, State General Contacting Licenses, or professional construction affiliations a plus. PMI Certification required
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.