Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners, L.P. has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating under a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
It is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Distillate Scheduler with scheduling experience in the Oil & Gas Industry to join our team!
The BES Product Scheduler role is primarily responsible for the scheduling of product movements from bulk purchase locations to the destination terminals all of which move on pipelines and are located within the northeast. The scheduler is accountable for managing inventories to meet both market demands and inventory targets. In doing so, the scheduler must maintain our scheduling systems, communicate with pipeline schedulers, terminal schedules, traders, middle off and back office, and maintain appropriate systems. Ideally, the scheduler has an understanding of market structure, pipeline scheduling and pipeline systems in the Northeast. At a minimum, the scheduler must have good communications skills, demonstrate intellectual curiosity, and good numeric skills.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
- Translate demand forecast from Marketing team into origin timing and volumes to trader.
- Present trader with options on timing/location of origin volumes.
- Nominate schedules to appropriate pipeline and terminal locations.
- Keep track of demand, supply and inventory thru scheduling system.
- Modify forward schedules as demand, supply and inventory economics change and do so consistent with the working capital, cash and margin framework.
- Reconcile scheduling tools to end of month pipeline and terminal statements.
- Proactively work with schedulers and traders to maximize Buckeye and BES EBITDA goal.
- Periodically work outside of normal business hours during periods of high activity and/or unusual circumstances.
- Back up other schedulers.
- Comply with all Buckeye Code of Conduct, Buckeye policies, regulations and applicable laws.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related discipline required.
- Must have good communications skills
- Must be able to work independently, multitask and have strong organizational skills
- Must have good numeric skills
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity
Certificates & Licenses:
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Persons in this position should understand market structure, scheduling and be familiar with NE logistics.
- Should have familiarity with Excel Pivot Tables
- Persons in this position are asked to respond to emergencies immediately and requires an incumbent who has the ability to meet stringent deadlines and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Persons in this position must be able to work in a team-oriented environment and interact on numerous concepts.
- Demonstrated commercial optimization capabilities
- This position requires the ability to safely and successfully perform essential job functions consistent with ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and or/quantitative productivity standards.
- This role requires the ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- This position requires compliance with all personnel policies.
Safety and Physical Requirements:
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- This role continuously operates a computer and other office productivity equipment (i.e. a calculator, copy machine and computer printer).
- The employee is frequently required to effectively communicate with others.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You must be able to work independently. You must also be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal clients and external counterparties (customers, vendors, etc.), as well as when handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of our employees and results in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business and one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products pipeline transportation and terminalling service provider; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website: URL blocked - click to apply
This requisition is not eligible for the Employee Referral Program. Buckeye Partners, L.P. reserves the right to not pursue a referred candidate if the eventual employment of the referred candidate would constitute a conflict of interest with a customer or supplier and/or would be detrimental to the best interest of the Company.