Borrego is seeking a Regional Technical Lead, New England area to join our growing team in Lowell, MA! We offer a hybrid work environment, allowing you to work remotely 2-3 days a week and from the office 2-3 days a week.
At Borrego, we don’t accept the status quo. We are driven by a culture of teamwork, fearless thinking, safety, and adaptability as we pursue our mission to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy. With more than 850 MW already installed, we’re excited about the “Gigawatt Revolution” and growth happening across our company as we shift from megawatts to gigawatts of large-scale solar and energy storage in the coming years.
After 40 years in business, Borrego is a trusted name in the solar industry and well-known for our strong employee culture. We combine the stability and wisdom gained by decades in business with an entrepreneurial spirit. Our employees are driven and animated by the [ Link removed ] , an operating framework detailing our mission, vision, strategy, and cultural principles and working systems.
About the Role
We see the opportunity in our development business for technical expertise embedded in the regional development teams to be a major lever on the performance of the company and we are investing in it. We are looking for experienced, technically oriented veterans of the solar and storage industry with a strong business acumen to join our team and share responsibility for the technical and economic performance of the entire pipeline and project development plan for the region. Our regional teams are responsible for managing their portfolio of projects to achieve annual goals. Overall responsibilities and contributions to the regional team include but are not limited to: Leading regional team meetings, managing agendas and priorities, establishing dashboards to track performance, have an depth understanding of our pipeline and the timing of the development process that each will endure, deliver a forecast of the engineering needs to engineering management, managing prioritization of project designs, identification and execution/implementation of potential optimization opportunities for the region, interconnection strategy, and process improvement.
Borrego is a national leader in renewable energy, with strong and steady leadership and outstanding culture. Unique in our industry, Borrego has steadily grown and remained profitable over the last decade. This position is an opportunity to join an outstanding company in a high-leverage role. Our ideal applicant will be a tenacious, determined, creative problem-solver, self-motivated and independent, a great communicator, and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects in parallel and to prioritize competing demands.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Close coordination with the Regional Project Development Manager to align as a team to work on the regional business with a shared responsibility for developing a strategy that enables delivery of an accurate monthly forecast and executing on a plan that results in continually growing the region profitably
- Act as a conduit between the regional team and development engineering leadership with a focus on forecasting, process development, practical problem solving, strategic planning, and continuous improvement
- Liaise with Engineering Managers on prioritization of resources for cost estimating, design, permitting, and optimization across projects at all stages of development from prospecting through final plan sets
- By bringing a project management mentality to the team, develop a cadence of accountability with regards to the monthly execution of the sales plan
- Establish key performance indicators and achieve goals for quality, schedule, and financial results of the regional business
- Help identify and diligence emerging technologies to continuously optimize our valuations
- Identify optimization opportunities within the region from new policies and or incentive structures
- General business leadership and support of the region\u0027s development activities
Desired Skills and Experience:
While no one individual will possess them all, the successful candidate will bring many of the following experiences, skills, and attributes:
- 5+ years in engineering and technology fields
- Knowledgeable and or experienced in closing on complex projects with independent power producers
- Experience with both project management and project development preferred
- Experience with financial and economic modeling and analysis
- Experience managing technical solutions for complex solar and energy storage designs and grid interconnections. Work history must include successful coordination and management of projects from design phase through construction and permission-to-operate (PTO)
- Deep understanding of regulatory statutes related to technical aspects of PV and energy storage design - e.g. local and national electric codes, permitting requirements, utility interconnection tariffs, etc.
- Experience developing cost estimates for large power systems that include parallel generation and DC subsystems (i.e. PV and/or battery systems)
- Ability and inclination to continually evaluate business needs and practice
- Successfully facilitate improvements across discipline areas using lean problem solving and standard work
- Minimum Education Requirements: Bachelors of Science; Masters preferred
Compensation, Benefits, and Culture
Borrego uses an internally equitable and externally competitive total cash approach to compensation. Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance; a comprehensive wellness program; 401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting; continuing education and professional development assistance; and self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies.
Our corporate culture fosters collaboration, a growth mindset, and the ability to take risks — and we value innovative thinkers who will help us reach our ambitious growth goals. We believe that flexibility and work-life balance are important parts of long-term employee happiness and productivity. Our employees are trusted to get their work done and are given the freedom to do so when they are their most efficient, creative, and engaged.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Borrego values the diverse perspectives, skills, experiences, and contributions of all employees. We want all our employees to feel like they belong and are empowered to be their most authentic selves at work. We’re actively committed to fostering diversity and creating an inclusive environment not only within our own organization but also within the renewable energy industry.
We seek a diverse candidate pool in this – and every – search. Borrego provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. EEO M/F/D/V.
A Note to Third-Party Recruiters
Borrego\u0027s People + Culture team coordinates all recruiting and hiring at our company. Borrego does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, staffing firms, or related agencies. Resumes are only accepted from third-party recruiters, staffing firms, or related agencies if a signed agreement is in place AND if external recruiting assistance is authorized by the People + Culture team for a specific position. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Borrego. Borrego is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
- Agenda Development
- Business Process Improvement
- Business Requirements
- Commercial Awareness