Home Energy Consultant Brief Description of SunnovaSunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is powering energy independenceTM and changing the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person. Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry! The Home Energy Consultant Position
Sunnova Energy is searching for an Home Energy Consultant to provide extended value to potential customers by providing expert advice on Sunnova products. A successful Consultant is a subject matter expert in Sunnova’s products and able to identify opportunities to increase the value Sunnova serves their customer, overall improving sales and exceeding goals.
Home Energy Consultant Responsibilities
- Exceeds monthly quotas
- Develops Book of Business
- Schedules appointments
- Qualifies prospects
- Designs and prices solar and solar storage systems
- Guides customer through contract signing
- Guides customer through post sales journey
- Highschool Diploma
- 2-4+ years’ related consulting experience
- 1-2+ years’ experience with inside sales
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Solar industry knowledge
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Efficiently use Salesforce CRM and Microsoft Office’s Excel
- Basic sales conversation skills, such as actively listening and feel/felt/found objection handling
- Consultative sales skills
- Solar and battery design knowledge
- Open-office environment
- Some overtime may be required based on business needs
- Extended periods of time at desk on phone/computer
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
- Cell phone allowance for many roles
- Free access to onsite fitness center in Houston and/or discounted fitness memberships through health provider
- Complimentary garage parking in Houston
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are selected for a position, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test (and medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.