Reporting to the Manager, Settlements, you will support the supply, trading and optimization business and marketing entities. You will work closely with the marketing & trading groups, treasury, master data and accounts payable.
- Responsible for accurately settling counterparty crude positions and paying valid transportation, storage and marketing costs for various entities
- Actualize volumes, verify pricing, resolve discrepancies, send out receivable invoices and make payments
- Verify shipper statements and reconcile volumes monthly
- Actualize receipt and delivery volumes in the CXL trading system
- Ensure cash is cleared correctly and follow-up with counterparties on outstanding items
- Provide 30/60/90 day Crude cash forecast to Treasury
- Responsible for resolving unresolved AR/AP items; and stewardship, documentation and filing of accounting records and government reports
- Document new settlements processes and suggest improvements for existing processes with a view to standardization and efficiency improvement
- Assist with ad hoc projects and assist with identifying and developing continuous business improvement opportunities. Researches and identifies alternative solutions with a focus on technology based solutions
- Respond to auditor requests for information as required
- Collaborate and cross-cover other team members
- 2-5 years relevant oil and gas experience in finance, accounting, settlements, trading or marketing
- A university degree or diploma in finance or accounting, or equivalent
- Skills and Knowledge:
- Detail oriented with exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Excel; willingness and ability to learn how to use the trading system and SAP
- You are a self-starter with the ability to take initiative, review processes with a critical eye and implement improvements
- Excellent communication skills; willingness to interact in person, on the phone and by email to build relationships
- Customer service oriented with ability to deal with internal and external customers in a professional manner even under stressful situations
- Critical thinker with an interest in learning how the supply and trading business operates
- Status: Contract position
- Duration: 1 year
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What's more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today's world of work - it's about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you're looking for from your next role.