In this role, the Senior Power Systems Engineer will work closely with customers to configure and implement advanced applications across power grids to deliver the advanced distribution management functions of OSI's control systems. and provide ongoing customer support to ensure reliable performance and world-class customer satisfaction.
Working from Emerson’s Cluj campus, and from company and customer sites across Europe as required, the successful applicant will contribute to project delivery excellence in support of utility customers in the energy generation transmission and distribution industries. Responsibilities:
- Design, integrate, test, and commission advanced control systems for electric utilities.
- Evaluate contract specifications and define project requirements.
- Communicate detailed requirements to internal departments as needed.
- Work directly with customers to understand requirements and communicate project plans.
- Perform customer training and consult on power system modeling to ensure the effective use and maintenance of a customer’s power system applications.
- Assist in creating project and product documentation as needed.
- Perform unit testing and tuning to ensure power system applications will meet customer and industry requirements.
- Support live customer systems using knowledge of power systems and OSI application functionality with clear, logical thought processes.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry standards and trends.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Power Systems Engineering (or equivalent);
- Detailed practical understanding of energy transmission and/or distribution systems, including operation, control and optimization;
- Experience in designing, implementing and testing advanced control systems for power utilities (or equivalent) including FLISR, VVC, OMS or other specialized functions;
- Strong technical background with the ability to apply knowledge spanning IT and OT solutions with at least 3 years’ of relevant experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Superior organizational, interpersonal and leadership skills;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Ability to multi-task on several projects in parallel in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability and flexibility to travel to domestic and international customer sites;
- Strong commitment to providing superior customer service.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Complex Problem Solving