Do you want to change the world? We do, too.
The energy market is roughly $4 trillion globally, and solar penetration is less than 1%. But just one hour of sunlight, if harnessed, could power the entire world for a year. We have the opportunity to completely change the way energy is produced, distributed and consumed on a global scale, and we’re looking for talented, committed people to help us drive our growth and achieve our goals.
SunPower is a global solar energy solutions company with a rich heritage of pioneering the best energy technologies in the world. Our solutions are unrivaled in terms of long-term reliability, efficiency and guaranteed performance, and our company is unmatched in terms of global reach and scale. Through design, manufacturing, installation and ongoing maintenance and monitoring, SunPower provides its proprietary, world-record efficient solar technology to residential, commercial and utility customers worldwide.
SunPower is changing the way our world is powered every day with a brilliant, passionate and driven team of more than 2,000 in North America and the Phillipines. In an industry that is reshaping the world’s energy future, there’s no better place to be than SunPower.
We believe that our employees create our brand – with each project, each communication, each task completed and each interaction. Experience is critical to SunPower in regards to not only our customers but also our employees and dealer partners. As such, we strive to hire candidates that are service focused. The experience we would expect the ideal person to deliver is:
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Regional Sales Manager position will be responsible for increasing sales in assigned territory through growth and development of existing commercial dealers (install partners) and recruitment, acquisition, and spin-up of new partners. This is the primary point of sales contact through the commercial dealer channel. To succeed in this role, a Regional Sales Manager must act as an advisor, consultant, and business coach to dealers. They must also serve as a trainer, coach, and mentor to the dealers’ sales staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Conduct regular, specific appointments with dealers to communicate key messages
- Collect dealer feedback and notes from appointments and submit dealer call sheets for each
- Communicate any open or follow-up items to the dealer after appointment in dealer call summary
- Schedule and conduct on-site training of the dealers’ sales reps relative to product information and selling techniques
- Submit weekly roll-ups summarizing wins, challenges, opportunities and innovations along with a sales forecast and partner meeting recaps
- Maintain dealer partner opportunity records in company CRM on a daily basis
- Manage day to day communications with dealer partners including pricing, new products and other announcements
- Solicit, receive, route, follow-up, and resolve dealer concerns and complaints
- Solicit installer partner feedback for product and service improvements
- Gather market intelligence from dealers and report
- Frequent regional travel (80%) to dealer partners will be required (average 6 – 12 overnight stays per month)
- 3 weeks annually focused on national and regional sales meetings and dealer conferences
- Maintain accurate records of customer communication
- Track metrics to evaluate dealer partner performance
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
Minimum requirements - The least amount of skills and training candidates must have to do a specific job. Candidates not meeting these requirements will not be hired for this position.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of related experience
- OR an equivalent combination of education and years of related experience
- 3-5 years of strong experience in sales or business development in a high ticket retail market (HVAC, Windows, other)
- Business to business outside sales experience required
- Strong computer skills, including strength in MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and SalesForce
- Proven successful experience working with an independent dealer network
- Must work well independently
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to thrive in a high intensity, dynamic work environment
- Must have an entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience working with contractors
- A strong desire to be a part of a rapidly growing business with an opportunity to progress
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and oral communications skills; team
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. The Company’s policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
[ Link removed ]
[ Link removed ]
Accommodation for Applicants to SunPower Corporation
SunPower Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may use the following alternative email address to contact us about your interest in employment at SunPower Corporation: [ Email address blocked ] . Please indicate in the subject that line of your email that you are requesting accommodation. Only candidates being considered for a position who require an accommodation will receive a follow-up response.
NOTICE TO ALL APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES
Availability of Affirmative Action Plan for Review
SunPower is a federal government contractor. As a part of the Company’s obligations under law, it must develop a written Affirmative Action Program (AAP) for the Disabled, Recently Separated Veterans, Armed Forces Service Medal Veterans, Disabled Veterans and Active Duty Wartime Or Campaign Badge Veterans and for Women and Minorities as specified by law. Non-confidential and non-proprietary aspects of the AAP are available for inspection by applicants and employees, consistent with applicable law, which will be made available during office hours by contacting the EEO Officer.
- Regional Sales
- Business Development
- Selling Techniques
- Interpersonal Skills
- Market Intelligence