The QA/QC Manager is responsible for ensuring that the quality management system (QMS) is fully implemented in an organized and efficient manner. The QA/QC Manager is responsible for delegating and assigning tasks to QA/QC Supervisors and working closely with related engineering, construction, fabrication, and procurement departments As a QA/QC Manager he/ she is responsible for ensuring that projects raw materials, in-process products and finished products conform to technical specifications, quality standards and comply with all relevant regulations, licences, and certifications. He shall ensure that effective service and product verification and inspection programs are established consistent with contractual and regulatory obligations
- Manage and oversee project quality to ensure compliance to codes, standards, regulations, equipment specific specifications, and QMS requirements.
- Advancing quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Managing the development and implementation of the QMS for planning, fabrication, inspection, documentation, and operations activities including:
- Planning duties within the QA/QC staff and related work schedules.
- Establishing service standards for end users (i.e., internal department or external customer).
- Develops procedures and standards on vendor assessment and inspection activities.
- Effective implementation and coordination of vendor assessment and inspection activities.
- Consolidate all feedback to vendors/agents and provide technical guidance to rectify any quality related issue.
- Identifying and developing QA/QC personnel certification requirements and continuing education/training needs.
- Providing leadership, mentorship, and direction of all QA/QC personnel.
- Taking full responsibility for hold-point releases once all QMS functions have been completed and the equipment is ready to go into the next work stage.
- Managing construction program with a reporting system and following up on recommendations.
- Oversee supervision of all visual inspections and NDE, including 3rd party subcontractors.
- Managing inspection, NDE, and testing plans for new construction, repair work, and alterations.
- Identify and develop solutions to correct inspection function deficiencies.
- Manage construction processes, plant equipment, inspection and NDE personnel certification and QMS internal audits.
- Ensure that QA/QC activities are implemented in compliance with the requirements of the Rotary Project Management Process and are consistent with specific location, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Effectiveness of quality planning to ensure that process controls and prerequisite product and service verification and inspection arrangements are established for each proposal/project consistent with criticality, statutory and contractual obligations.
- Effective implementation and verification of construction inspection and testing activities.
- Coordination with functional and operational area managers (for example, construction operation, engineering design, etc) to develop schedules project .
- Effective implementation of non-conformance, corrective action, and preventive action management processes.
- Perform quality audits that address ISO 9001 requirements including covering technical requirements of the engineering, procurement and construction aspects of project delivery.
- Degree in Engineering or other related discipline
- At least 8-10 years working experience in Oil & Gas Industry
- Possess Welding Inspector certificate (CWI by AWS or CSWIP 3.1 by TWI UK Ltd)
- Possess NACE Level 1 Certificate
- Has attended Internal Auditor Course (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001)
- Thorough understanding of the principles and practice of Quality Management systems in Construction projects
- Excellent written and communication skill
- Possess a resilient and “can-do” attitude
- Possess initiatives and creativity to drive continual improvements
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Contract Management
- Corrective And Preventive Action (Capa)