As part of a multi-cultural, global and dynamic cross-functional team developing compressors for the European Market, your job will be to design the products that will save energy for heating and cooling, that will ensure human comfort and guaranty food, medicine conservation and safe transport.
Highly innovative and proactive, you are continuously seeking new goals and challenges.
• Generate CAD design layouts (2D & 3D) to ensure design intent based on specifications from project engineering: Functionality, Components and feature relationship, Assembly clearance and interference check, Kinematics, Geometrical Definition & Tolerancing
• Design prototype parts and fixtures for engineering test and qualification
• Design for Manufacturing and Cost Optimization in collaboration with suppliers and assembly plants. Investigating new manufacturing processes like 3D Printing
• Technical Support to Procurement, Quality and Manufacturing departments for problem solving and qualification process
• Document and Maintain Product Definition through Drawings, 3D Models, Engineering Notices and Bill of Materials following best practices and drafting standards
Our ideal candidate:
• Dedicated to design solutions and product that can change the world
• Bachelor’s in Mechanical Design or equivalent
• A first working experience preferably in rotating machinery is a strong asset
• Deep knowledge and practice in Geometrical Definition & Tolerancing
• Deep CAD Expertise
• Knowledge of various Manufacturing Processes
• Basic Knowledge in Mechanical Strength of Materials
• Business Fluent in English, French knowledge is a plus; Good communication skills, written, oral and presentational
• Flexible, detail oriented and open-minded
• Able to work in an autonomous manner and to take initiatives
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
- Self Motivation
- Prototype (Manufacturing)
- 3 D Printing
- Complex Problem Solving