In September 2021, PowerAdvocate became part of Wood Mackenzie. The two businesses have come together, aligning our products, energy data, and technology to meet our customers’ rapidly changing and expanding needs. PowerAdvocate is moving to use the Wood Mackenzie name and brand going forward as we combine our teams and product sets.
By bringing together Wood Mackenzie’s extensive coverage of energy and natural resources with PowerAdvocate’s unique cost and supply chain intelligence, we’re able to provide a greater breadth and depth of market-leading analysis, data, and insight.
We are excited for the future direction of the company and helping to drive forward the energy transition. Visit [ Link removed ] to find out more.
Wood Mackenzie Supply Chain, formerly PowerAdvocate, delivers data and insights that make energy and natural resource companies more effective and resilient contributors to the global economy. We do that by providing our customers the right data in the right solution to help them reduce costs, manage risks, and accelerate the transition to renewable energy. At our center sit proprietary data sets and leading data science that we combine with our technology to solve our customers’ most complex business problems.
We are also a values-led company. We care for each other. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion. We recognize that our individual differences make us stronger. We are confident and driven, yet practical and humble. We help each other improve with direct, respectful feedback, and we encourage different viewpoints and trust in best intentions.Job Description
Deliver innovative thinking supported by detailed analytics, data science, market research, subject matter expertise and use of our software tools to help our energy clients make effective supply chain and capital project execution decisions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Coordinate with client supply chain management, PMOs, project executives and engineering teams as they design and implement supply chain and capital project procurement solutions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (Serving our Clients)
- Execute market research to assess supply and demand factors influencing our clients’ strategic business decisions
- Provide deep analysis of quantitative and qualitative data and synthesize results into meaningful conclusions to help our clients make strategic procurement and capital project decisions
- Support the bidding processes for large capital project contracts and supply chain strategic initiatives, including: performing pricing analysis, coordinating bidder correspondence, designing and orchestrating bidder negotiations and implementing contracting efforts
- Use the PowerAdvocate Energy Intelligence Platform software tools to analyze spend, build custom cost models, forecast escalation, manage eSourcing bid events and support many of our other consulting solutions. This often requires training our clients to harness the value of the PowerAdvocate software tools that they license in addition to using the tools to empower your own work.
- Some travel to client sites primarily in the U.S. and Canada is required (post-Covid restrictions)
- Managers are asked to take increasing responsibility managing internal and client teams as they gain experience and progress towards promotion to Director
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate in internal Practice Areas designed to grow and organize our knowledge base, educate others and improve our solutions for specific energy sectors
- Assist with PowerAdvocate technology improvements and sales and marketing efforts
- Other duties assigned to meet business needs
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, project management and time management skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills appropriate for a large spectrum of clientele
- Works well in a team environment
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt based on the needs of clients and PowerAdvocate
- BS/BA with a focus in engineering, science or business; graduate level engineering, science or MBA degree is preferred
- 4+ years of experience with Owners in or suppliers serving the energy industry, particularly in a Business Operations or Engineering function within the Power, Oil & Gas and Petrochemical sectors
- This position does not provide visa sponsorship
PowerAdvocate is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to PowerAdvocate, including unsolicited resumes sent to a PowerAdvocate business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to PowerAdvocate employees, will be considered Verisk property. PowerAdvocate will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
[ Link removed ]
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses’ government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.
- Business Requirements
- Coaching And Mentoring