Energy is a fundamental basic need of our society. Fossil fuels, including oil, are an essential source of energy and will remain so until renewable energies have the capacity to meet the growing demand for energy.
Nearly 5,000 SBMers globally are proud to design, build and operate floating facilities that produce more than 1% of the world’s oil. We do it in the safest, most affordable, and most sustainable way. And we continuously strive to reduce emissions, in line with our emissionZEROTM program.
As a leader in floating technologies for the oil and gas industry, we recognize the significant importance of climate change and the growing need for renewable energy. We invest in products and services that enable the transition towards renewable energy, with a focus on Floating Offshore Wind, Wave Energy, and Carbon Capture and Storage. In addition, we also develop Smart Digital Services to improve and support everything we do.
Oceans play a central role in producing the energy of today and of tomorrow. We work together with the world’s leading energy companies to make that happen. We act responsibly and ethically so that communities where we operate benefit from our presence and activities.
We are committed to sharing our experience to deliver safe, sustainable, and affordable energy from the oceans for generations to come.
[ Link removed ]
This posting has for objective to give ourselves the chance to work together, in the short, medium, or long term. SBM Offshore's active leadership position on the market, combined with our People Development and Succession Planning activities, requires us to be ready to onboard and mobilize our future Business Analyst/BI Developer as soon as a new vacancy opens!
You are considering a new challenge in a few weeks, months, or even years? If you match the requirements below, APPLY NOW!
Digital Transformation is a core element of the SBM Offshore strategy. In order to realize the digital ambitions within our Project Execution organization, we are aiming to strengthen our internal digital capabilities in the coming years. We are looking for an experienced Business Analyst / Power BI Developer to actively contribute to multiple internal projects and initiatives, but also have a key role in building a digital and data culture within the company.
In this role, you will report directly to the Business Intelligence Lead, and work on several initiatives related to analytics development and setting-up the new data architecture.
- Define and deliver Power BI dashboards, proving valuable insights in status and performance
of primary (EPC) and supporting processes within the Project Execution phase.
- Contribute to the set-up of the new data architecture, including ETL processes, definition of the underlying data models in the new data warehouse.
- Actively contribute to further professionalizing the data & analytics community, through coaching and supporting data and business analysts within the various functions
Key tasks & responsibilities
- Liaise with different stakeholders across the business functions to (co)establish requirements, use cases and KPI's for new Power BI dashboards
- Develop, test and deploy Power BI dashboards and liaise with IT to establish and further improve the underlying data architecture, ETL processes and data model
- Being the point of contact and linking pin between business users, business analysts and IT specialists / data engineers for development of the new BI platform (MS Azure / Power BI)
- Co-define and implement Power BI governance, with a focus on workspace management and governance related to efficient publication and distribution of Power BI dashboards
- Coaching and supporting less experienced Power BI developers, ensuring proper hand-over of developed dashboards and safeguard continuity of knowledge towards the future.
- Supporting and training business users in the use of Power BI dashboards
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Management or equivalent
- 5-10 years professional experience developing software or analytics solutions, preferably within an EPC environment
- Strong analytical, programming and data engineering skills
- Experience with Power BI (incl. DAX), ETL processes, data warehouse design and MS Azure (ADF, SQL, Analysis Services) is a must
- Proactive and self-starting attitude, capable to act within a dynamic and international organization
WHAT WE OFFER
What do we offer? We offer you a job with a high level of diverse tasks and responsibilities in an international concern that highly values the development of its employees, quality and safety. You get the freedom to take a range of responsibilities in a rapidly evolving environment. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary package and challenging opportunities for growth.
SBM Offshore N.V. is a listed holding company that is headquartered in Amsterdam. It holds direct and indirect interests in other companies that collectively with SBM Offshore N.V. form the SBM Offshore Group (“the Company”). For further information, please visit our website at [ Link removed ] . The companies in which SBM Offshore N.V., directly and indirectly, owns investments are separate entities.
SBM Offshore is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. SBM Offshore does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
- Perform Statistical Analysis
- Business Process Improvement
- Financial Analysis
- Data Analysis
- Provide Analytic Consultation