Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion (€24 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit [ Link removed ]
Linde Canada Inc. a leading supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases has an opening in Kitchener/Waterloo for a :
Field Service Technician - Full Time - Kitchener/Waterloo, ON
Reporting to the Central Region Customer Service Manager, this position is responsible for the installation and maintenance of bulk gas supply systems. In addition, the successful candidate will be required to work on small on-site plants, food freezing equipment and piping installation and sales.
Technical Responsibilities (Duties may include but are not limited to) :
Advantages of working for Linde :
- Knowledge of pipe and gas fitting
- Ability to read mechanical and electrical drawings
- Basic knowledge of cryogenic equipment
- Demonstrated welding and brazing skills
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic and computer operated controls and instrumentation
- Must be able to manage contractors and coordinate project objectives
- Learning environment with an Education Assistance Program
- Global stability and possible opportunities to work in various areas throughout Linde
- Continuous learning opportunities provided
- Competitive salaries, vacation and performance-based salary increase
- Comprehensive flexible benefits, including health and dental; pension plan; group RRSP
- Employee Assistance Program
- Partnership discounted rates
Qualifications, Education and Professional Experience :
- Post-Secondary education in a related discipline (C.E.T.) or Journeyman status in Electrical, Instrumentation, Refrigeration, Welding or other related trade
- 3-5 years’ experience working with atmospheric/cryogenic gases and related equipment – considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions of a technical nature and prepare technical reports.
- Must be available after-hours service calls and overtime as required
- Candidate must be willing to travel to Central and Northern Ontario on a daily basis
- Ability to work independently and service a territory without direct supervision
- Physically able to perform the work in a predominantly outdoor environment
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and job-related communication skills.
- Demonstrated safety awareness and safely perform current duties.
- Project a positive image and be willing to adhere to the dress code for the position.
- Physically fit and be able to lift up to 60lbs
Enjoy a great future with a competitive salary, flexible benefits and an opportunity for career growth.
Linde Canada Inc. is committed to equality of employment for women, aboriginal peoples, visible minorities, and persons with disabilities. Interested candidates from these groups are encouraged to apply.
Brazing (Metal Work)