About Our Client:
Our client is a specialist engineering company who designs, manufactures and services highly engineered products that control the precise movement of fluids. Its innovative technologies, built around valves and actuators, enable vital processes to operate safely, cleanly, efficiently and cost effectively. The Group works with industrial customers across a range of high growth sectors, including energy, transportation, and infrastructure, all of which are benefiting from the impact of long-term global trends including climate change, urbanization, resource scarcity and an ageing population. Our client employs some 11,000 people, has manufacturing facilities in more than 20 countries and operates a global service network. They currently operate across three globally recognized Divisions: Critical Engineering, Precision Engineering and Hydronic Engineering. Position Summary:
The Project Manager is responsible for overall project performance: contract compliance, on-time delivery, profitability, and customer satisfaction. He/she provides direction and management of a multi-disciplined project team responsible for engineering, quality assurance, planning, procurement, and manufacturing activities. Working in an engineer-to-order control valve manufacturing division where individual commercial projects represent an elemental level of profit & loss; the Project Manager is expected to effectively manage projects from order receipt, through delivery/invoicing and warranty period expiration. Supervisory Responsibility:
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities. Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Primary customer interface/contact on all assigned projects.
- Overall project performance throughout project life cycle: order receipt through warranty; specific focus on contract performance, technical compliance, and customer satisfaction; drive project execution per planned schedule, holding project team and customer accountable for project performance.
- Coordinate, drive order execution through stakeholder management of Engineering, Quality Assurance, Procurement, Production, Shipping and Finance towards achieving on-time delivery, contract compliance and targeted profitability.
- Establish a positive and productive working relationship with both domestic and international customers and their project teams through face-to-face meetings, teleconferences, and routine communication.
- Manage and facilitate prompt, meaningful communications with the customer to resolve technical and commercial issues, convey project progress on a routine basis, and negotiate commercial contract modifications when called for.
- Coordinate project team involvement and participation at customer's pre-award meetings, kick-off meetings, lessons-learned meetings, and progress meetings.
- Ensure timely invoicing at project milestones and assist when needed with resolving payment delays through customer outreach and engagement.
- Manage and communicate project revenues, cost, and gross margin forecasts, as well as identify and proactively manage risks throughout project life cycle.
- Review vendor/inter-company bids for engineered/buyout products against scope, quality, performance, cost, and schedule requirements.
- Coordinate, manage project team documentation submittals and disposition process towards securing required customer approvals.
- Coordinate and manage project-level planning actions to facilitate the needs of customer, third party and regulatory inspections of finished, or in-process goods for inspection purposes.
The following qualifications are preferred, but not required:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology (BSME or BSMET), or similar engineering or technical degree from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- Two to three years' work experience in the valve and/or process control industry, or in a related engineering and manufacturing industry required.
- Experience in managing a multi-disciplined project team: engineering, quality control, procurement, manufacturing, cost estimating, delivery/billing, and configuration management.
- Knowledge of order management/administration, contracts, US Contract Law, and commercial negotiations best practices.
- Experience working with custom-engineered, manufactured products for the nuclear valve/ process control industry.
- Effective communication skills (both oral and written).
- General knowledge of manufacturing processes, techniques, practices.
- General knowledge of NDE operations, techniques, and practices.
- Relevant experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
- Proficient in business and project management software (MS Office, MS Project Professional, MS SharePoint).
- Proficient in customer relations management (CRM) type software, such as Salesforce®, or equivalent.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 10 to 15% of time; international customers will require off-normal hour interface.
- Project Management Professional (PMP®) desired, not required.
- Familiarity with nuclear industry protocols, practices, and expectations through hands-on experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate (office/cubicle environment with computers, fax machines and printers operating) to loud (manufacturing environment with large machinery operating).
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
- Certified Project Management Professional
- Configuration Management
- Contract Law
- Contract Management